Next Up: Vs New England

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Rowdy1972

Rowdy1972 Well-Known Member

It should be a good game. I don't see us getting blown out. Do I expect to win? Not really but as soon as I start writing off Gase he usually pulls some **** out of his ***. Whatever the ceiling is for this defense, I think you see if Sunday. It will be an all out effort. This is basically our Super Bowl. Line opened -9 and has been bet down to -8 which isnt a huge move because it hasnt gone through any key numbers but still a little professional money on the Dawg (hopefully its a real position). I am excited for the game regardless. Last year I think the line opened in the 11-12 zone and was bet to 10-10.5 if I remember correctly. Thing working against us is the Pats have probably heard quite a bit about them losing in Miami. Maybe that doesnt bother them, who knows.

2. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

I watched the Pats-Vikings game yesterday after our game and the difference in mobility between Josh Allen and Tom Brady is crazy. The Pats don't look like world beaters but what will be a problem is Burkhead-White-Michel, those guys compliment each other well. I think next weeks' game will be close

Ray R likes this.
  3. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Some of you :bobdole:

GB was supposed to be ugly....Colts was supposed to be ugly...both were winnable.
    There is a reason why they play the games.

The Patriots are a .500 team on the road in every way. We are a 5-1 team at home. Forget the playoffs: our incentives are not to let them celebrate the AFC East on our turf and put a dent in their playoff standings. If they lose the #1 spot is almost unattainable for them, they drop probably to #3 and are in a dog fight for the #4 seed. For a team which is stellar at home but mediocre on the road that is huge.

Ray R, lurking, Csonked Out and 3 others like this.
  4. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I’m hoping for a win against them cheating pieces of ****. Beating them and dropping them in the standings making it hard for them to get to another SB will make it that much more sweeter.

Ray R and joenhre like this.
  5. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Dolphins have been good at beating BAD teams in close games.........this game is against a GOOD team and it won't be close.

6. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

I don’t discount us at any time when we play a division rival in our building. Throw the records out . . . .history has shown us that.

Two big issues.

We need to pressure Brady up the middle and we just don’t have that type ofpressure ability inside. Quinn/Wake will cause some, but Tom will step up and deliver.

This feels like a Gronk coming out party against our defense.

Danny and TheWozz like this.
  7. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Id be tempted to put Fitz on Gronk for the game...just dont know who we put at Boundary 2 in that scheme...

8. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Once again, the Dolphins playing in “their” Super Bowl in December.

As opposed to a good team whose Super Bowl is, you know, the actual Super Bowl.

Spiff likes this.
  9. E30M3

E30M3 ///Member Finheaven VIP

Gronk has almost a half foot on him and 65 pounds man.... Not to mention hes a rookie against an all star. You double team Gronk, hands down, no question.

10. TheWozz

I dont have an issue with doubling him, certainly. However, Ive also seen stats that the production of big name TEs drops quite a bit when you move from LB coverage to DB coverage. I seem to recall Gronk even saying something to that effect after the Jags game. Either way, dont let him kill you. Make someone else be the dagger...

11. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean I almost think you gotta try Baker on him early and adjust if you have to. Gronk has lost a step so he should be able to stick with him some what.

12. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Could this be the Dolphins FINAL game against Tom Brady??? Please please let it be so! Would be so great to see Wake send him off in great fashion.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

If we come out flat right out of the gate, this game could be decided by halftime.

14. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

If this were true, and I'm Belichick, I give you the game.

15. TheWozz

Reasonable...however, my biggest concern with our DC (or at least a big one) is lack of effective in game adjustments

Ray R and Kdawg954 like this.