Next Up: Vs New England | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Up: Vs New England

It should be a good game. I don't see us getting blown out. Do I expect to win? Not really but as soon as I start writing off Gase he usually pulls some **** out of his ass. Whatever the ceiling is for this defense, I think you see if Sunday. It will be an all out effort. This is basically our Super Bowl. Line opened -9 and has been bet down to -8 which isnt a huge move because it hasnt gone through any key numbers but still a little professional money on the Dawg (hopefully its a real position). I am excited for the game regardless. Last year I think the line opened in the 11-12 zone and was bet to 10-10.5 if I remember correctly. Thing working against us is the Pats have probably heard quite a bit about them losing in Miami. Maybe that doesnt bother them, who knows.

I’d love to win this one. I hate NE more than any other team. However, I can’t see it for a few reasons.

1. BB was very annoyed by the, “why do you struggle in Miami Questions last year”. Last time him and Brady were this annoyed by that they treated it like the Super Bowl. Don’t laugh, it was 2010 and the Patriots we’re celebrating way more than usual when they sealed the game. They killed is actually.

2. Last year was great but NE was missing many key starters. I remember hearing they’re injury report on my way home from work that Monday. Gronk was suspended, Edelman was already down for the year, hightower was out for the year, Amendola was out, Hogan played but was ailing and Van Noy was out. I remember thinking, “we’re going to win” after hearing who they would be missing. This site underrates injuries big time.

3. If we could sell out to stop Brady and the passing game I would feel slightly better about the game. The Pats are really balanced now which makes them extremely hard to defend. I expect them to win both lines of scrimmage and this to get ugly unfortunately. On a bright note Brady probably won’t run for 100 yards but he also wouldn’t miss his wide open TE in the end zone.

Only hope is Brady has a really, really bad day. They wil be fired up for the lowly Dolphins. BB will probably show them film of last years game.

I watched the Pats-Vikings game yesterday after our game and the difference in mobility between Josh Allen and Tom Brady is crazy. The Pats don't look like world beaters but what will be a problem is Burkhead-White-Michel, those guys compliment each other well. I think next weeks' game will be close

Some of you :bobdole:

GB was supposed to be ugly....Colts was supposed to be ugly...both were winnable.
There is a reason why they play the games.

The Patriots are a .500 team on the road in every way. We are a 5-1 team at home. Forget the playoffs: our incentives are not to let them celebrate the AFC East on our turf and put a dent in their playoff standings. If they lose the #1 spot is almost unattainable for them, they drop probably to #3 and are in a dog fight for the #4 seed. For a team which is stellar at home but mediocre on the road that is huge.

I’m hoping for a win against them cheating pieces of ****. Beating them and dropping them in the standings making it hard for them to get to another SB will make it that much more sweeter.

Dolphins have been good at beating BAD teams in close games.........this game is against a GOOD team and it won't be close.

Dolphins have been good at beating BAD teams in close games.........this game is against a GOOD team and it won't be close.

I don’t discount us at any time when we play a division rival in our building. Throw the records out . . . .history has shown us that.

Two big issues.

We need to pressure Brady up the middle and we just don’t have that type ofpressure ability inside. Quinn/Wake will cause some, but Tom will step up and deliver.

This feels like a Gronk coming out party against our defense.

I don’t discount us at any time when we play a division rival in our building. Throw the records out . . . .history has shown us that.

Two big issues.

We need to pressure Brady up the middle and we just don’t have that type ofpressure ability inside. Quinn/Wake will cause some, but Tom will step up and deliver.

This feels like a Gronk coming out party against our defense.

Id be tempted to put Fitz on Gronk for the game...just dont know who we put at Boundary 2 in that scheme...

Once again, the Dolphins playing in “their” Super Bowl in December.

As opposed to a good team whose Super Bowl is, you know, the actual Super Bowl.

Id be tempted to put Fitz on Gronk for the game...just dont know who we put at Boundary 2 in that scheme...
Gronk has almost a half foot on him and 65 pounds man.... Not to mention hes a rookie against an all star. You double team Gronk, hands down, no question.

Gronk has almost a half foot on him and 65 pounds man.... Not to mention hes a rookie against an all star. You double team Gronk, hands down, no question.

I dont have an issue with doubling him, certainly. However, Ive also seen stats that the production of big name TEs drops quite a bit when you move from LB coverage to DB coverage. I seem to recall Gronk even saying something to that effect after the Jags game. Either way, dont let him kill you. Make someone else be the dagger...

I dont have an issue with doubling him, certainly. However, Ive also seen stats that the production of big name TEs drops quite a bit when you move from LB coverage to DB coverage. I seem to recall Gronk even saying something to that effect after the Jags game. Either way, dont let him kill you. Make someone else be the dagger...

I mean I almost think you gotta try Baker on him early and adjust if you have to. Gronk has lost a step so he should be able to stick with him some what.

Could this be the Dolphins FINAL game against Tom Brady??? Please please let it be so! Would be so great to see Wake send him off in great fashion.

If we come out flat right out of the gate, this game could be decided by halftime.

This is a chance for Gase and Tannehill to really get the fanbase back onside, they win this game and they'll both be back with the majority of the fan base's blessing. The pats are beatable down in South Florida but the odds are stacked against it.

If this were true, and I'm Belichick, I give you the game.

Back
Top Bottom