next will be Hudson Houck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

next will be Hudson Houck

sn9ke.eyes

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
It's humorous to see how everyone around here was riding Saban's jock until he didn't draft their # 1 hero from their alma mata.

I predict the next person Dolphins fans will turn on is Hudson Houck. The OL will show some improvement but will rank in the middle league-wide. Everytime someone blows a blocking assignment, Houck will start to get the blame.

Where have people turned on Saban?

If Houck gets us in the middle of the pack in one season, he's a miracle worker.

Jimmy James said:

If Houck gets us in the middle of the pack in one season, he's a miracle worker.

yep!!! :wink:

sn9ke.eyes said:
It's humorous to see how everyone around here was riding Saban's jock until he didn't draft their # 1 hero from their alma mata.

I predict the next person Dolphins fans will turn on is Hudson Houck. The OL will show some improvement but will rank in the middle league-wide. Everytime someone blows a blocking assignment, Houck will start to get the blame.

Could you specify who turned on Saban?

Jimmy James said:

Hey I agree with you, middle of the pack with these guys would be great, I just think people are putting Houck up on too high of a pedestal.

If you look through most any of the draft threads, at least half of the posts are people complaining about who we drafted and you have stupid comments about Saban not knowing what he is doing.

sn9ke.eyes said:
Hey I agree with you, middle of the pack with these guys would be great, I just think people are putting Houck up on too high of a pedestal.

If you look through most any of the draft threads, at least half of the posts are people complaining about who we drafted and you have stupid comments about Saban not knowing what he is doing.

Houck is 100 times better then Wise, that's good enough for me!

Jimmy James said:

Most definately, If Houck gets us to the middle of the pack he's earned every cent we're paying him

Half? I have seen a few isolated grumblings from people who don't realize that it is quite possible our only returning defensive starters are Madison, Taylor, and Thomas. That's it. This is a VERY pro-Saban place.

WTF.........I read alot oh happy people with the draft..(have you seerm the poll on the front page of finheaven?)
Perhaps some ppl like a particular player more than another.... but damn.... How can you not be happy with Ronnie Brown and some of the picks we made...

Very good draft by Saban.
As far as my opinion goes... Im going to wait till after next season before I really decide on Saban or Houck.. or Linehan... but their upside will be cause for a little excitement.. dont you think?

sn9ke.eyes said:

We must be looking at two different boards. Overall everyone here seems excited. Actually I havn't seen a person rate our draft as bad overall. Sure people have preferences, but all in all people are happy.

Who is, in your oppinion, the best line coach in the league? I think a lot of people are excited about Houck because HE IS the best active linecoach in the league.

sn9ke.eyes said:
You want me to go through every thread on the draft and find all the posts about how Saban drafted the wrong guy and we will be screwed this year ?

Need I remind you that we had a thread questioning Saban's long term plan because we didn't draft a kicker in the second round ?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=76210&page=1&pp=15&highlight=nugent

That example really shot down your argument. One guy posted that he wanted a kicker, and everyone else who posted disagreed. So 1 out of 44 posters was unhappy with our draft? Excellent point sir.

There are a few people that dont want to see much change, and those are the grumblers. But most of us are excited about what Saban has done. If the OL is middle of the pack, Houck will be the "Houdini of the Pigskin".

Canadianfishfan said:
WTF.........I read alot oh happy people with the draft..(have you seerm the poll on the front page of finheaven?)
Perhaps some ppl like a particular player more than another.... but damn.... How can you not be happy with Ronnie Brown and some of the picks we made...

Very good draft by Saban.
As far as my opinion goes... Im going to wait till after next season before I really decide on Saban or Houck.. or Linehan... but their upside will be cause for a little excitement.. dont you think?

Hey, I'm excited about this season. I thought it was a great draft. Maybe I'm allowing the whining of a few to cloud my judgement but it just seemed like in every thread about a draft pick, there were a few doomsayers predicting that the sky had fallen.

Back
Top Bottom