Next year's Canes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next year's Canes

Angneli

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Honestly how do you see the canes doing next season. With the losses of McGahee, Johnson, Dorsey, Romberg, Joseph etc.

I see them having problems with Va Tech. I have not seen a schedule to see who else they play.

In my opinion they will go 11 - 2

Should be a helluva season

Either Crudup or Berlin (transferred from UF last year) will take over as QB, and Frank Gore will take over as RB. Not sure who will be taking the WR spots though. It'll definitely be a rebuilding year and we'll finally see what Coker can do with unexperienced players. The last 2 season were what was left of players recruited by Butch Davis when he was coach. Also this year, Tennessee, UF, and FSU make trips down to the Orange Bowl to play Miami, so there's 3 good teams to beat right there. Out of those three, the Vols have the most starters returning so they should be the toughest to beat. I think Miami can go all the way to a major bowl game next season, but I wouldn't be disappointed with an 11-2 record.:cool:

They still have very solid group of players. Have like 3 startes back on the o-line, and probably one of the best LB core in the country. Their WRs and D-line will be what makes or breaks them.

I am not worried about QB or RB. Berlin was a top recruit and should be very good and Frank Gore averaged 9 yards a carry in his freshman year and was supposed to start over McGahee, but he tore his ACL.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am not worried about QB or RB. Berlin was a top recruit and should be very good and Frank Gore averaged 9 yards a carry in his freshman year and was supposed to start over McGahee, but he tore his ACL.
i knew there was somebody who was supposed to start ahead of McGahee, but i couldn't think of his name!;)

Not worried about the Canes at all, they'll still be a dominant team. We have the #2 QB recruit coming in this year(Kyle Wright), plus Crudup & Berlin returning. I expect Berlin to take the starting job, he has far more talent than Dorsey did, but I'm quite sure about his decision making.

RB is another strong point, Frank Gore & freshman Tyrone Moss will prove to be an awesome 1-2 punch.

WR is another strong position. We lost Johnson & Sands-but Beard, Parrish, Geathers all return, plus last year's #1 WR recruit Ryan Moore who redshirted & Akieem Jolla.

TE-Still have Kellen Winslow, the best TE in college, & top recruit TE last season Eric Winston.

OL may be a problem as could the DL with the only prominant returnee being Wilfork.

All 3 starting LBs return to form probably the best in the nation: Williams-Vilma-McIntosh.

In the secondary, which was ranked 1st in the NCAA last season, all players are returning, lead by stud safeties Sean Taylor & Maurice Sikes.

Kicker & Punter may be a problem because both graduated.

Canes will lose 1 or 2 games this coming year & probably one to a Big East team.

Back
Top Bottom