Next Year's Cap Casualties | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Year's Cap Casualties

Guys I don't think will be in aqua and orange next year: Ruddy, Gadsen, Marrion, and Tim Bo.

Guys that need big performances this year to stay on the team: Dixon, Searcy, Burnett, and Feidler(if he comes close to 20 ints again i would think he is gone).

timbo isnt going anywhere...his contract is cap friendly...if mckinney is the real deal than i think that ruddy can be gone next year but maybe they would move mckinney to guard...

Searcy is a FA after this year. Ruddy will be gone for sure. There is no way they'll keep his salary on the books when cap troubles are coming.

TimBo just resigned his deal so releasing him would be a wash in difference of rest of bonus and salary for next year. He's not going anywhere no matter what really.(unless he pulls a Gardener.)

Releasing Bowens before June 1st next season, would ADD about $1 million to the 2003 cap. After, would only save $250,000......unless he's continues his history of injuries, he will probably play at least another season. He has a $2 million roster bonus payable in 2004.....that's where he's likely to be let go

I think if T. Ruddy can get back to his 2000 level, he'll be tough to replace. Unless we close a deal on a FA veteran next year to replace him{something we failed to get done with O. Kruetz this off-season} , rookie S.McKinney may still need another year before starting.

T. Ruddy is a smart player, and when he went to the Pro-Bowl just two years ago, he was on top of his game. I'm not sure if throwing S. McKinney next year is such a good idea.....

I know T. Ruddy has been working extra hard this off-season to get back on his game. Give him a chance this season, and see how he does before shipping him off, and replacing him with a youngster who needs valuable knowledge before taking over.....

T. Ruddy knows our offense very well. He's got very good experience, and he's a very smart player. He'll also get to be a teacher now.....

I would have loved to sign O. Kruetz, but I'm confident that T. Ruddy can step up and improve his play from last season....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead

If we draft a DT first round next year, yeah TimBo gone. If nobody available or Larry Chester is disappointing, yeah TimBo stay. If we signed Sam Adams RIGHT NOW, TimBo could be gone sooner than we think.

If we signed ADams and cut Bowens, there would be mutiny on the Bounty.....you can't just cut a guy like Tim Bowens for no more reason than..."we signed somebody else". JMO.:)

Back
Top Bottom