Next years offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next years offense

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we can restructure the large cap numbers on D can we afford the following?

QB
Brunell-Rivers-Sage
WR
CC-Bruce-Reggie Williams-Toliver
O Line
Smith-Nails-Seth-Woody-Tait

Or something similar?

Perhaps

Brunell-Eli-Sage
WR
CC-Bruce-Gadsen-Toliver
O Line
Smith-Nails-Seth-Woody-Tait

Both are HUGE upgrades.
I like the later. I heard a quote from Archie, he said something like....Payton has the desire and works constantly to be a NFL QB. Eli was born one..... That is chilling. It may be hype to get Eli more $$$$ but he may be right also. Payton called Marino too and said he should do "everthing possible" to get Eli. Rivers looks good and would be worthwhile risk at 20 but is certainly more of a risk. I will take something close to a gaurantee at QB every day of the week.

Sorry got off track with a QB debate:goof:

No it's too much. Way too much especially the Woody anddddd Tait.

Why does everyone here on FH spell Tolver Toliver?

Originally posted by Jaj
No it's too much. Way too much especially the Woody anddddd Tait.

Why does everyone here on FH spell Tolver Toliver?

I guess the spelling thing is b/c one spelling is much more typical. Of course if we had ever seen it on a jersey it would be easier. You hear all these things about how great his hands are and he gets leapfroged in the lineup by a guy from NFL europe.

I thought if we got rid of Jay,BG,Wade,Ruddy,Thompson,Mcknight,Wally,Fletcher and restructured
Zach,JT,Seau,Pat, Sam, Marion,Timbo etc. we would have a fair amount of space.
I also think the competition for Brunell & Bruce will be a bit limted.
Both are long in the tooth and may have other FA that are more attractive. Additionally both WANT to play here so we only need to match a deal not beat it.

P.S. I hope I spelled all names correctly. :rolleyes:

Ya it would give us a fair amount of space but those two OL together will want 10m combined their first year. At the least 9m. Add re-signings and the draft, and Brunell, and Bruce. Nah can't do it. Take out Bruce and Woody and we can still do things.

How on earth can we afford Woody AND Tait? That's crazy.

I'd go with:

QB:
Brunell, Henson/Pickett/Harris, Sage

WR:
Chambers, Clayton, Brown, Tolver, KR(Geathers late?)

OL:
Smith, Nails, Seth, Carey, Tait(I can agree with you there)

Hey Chambers you mean Maurice Brown?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
How on earth can we afford Woody AND Tait? That's crazy.

I'd go with:

QB:
Brunell, Henson/Pickett/Harris, Sage

WR:
Chambers, Clayton, Brown, Tolver, KR(Geathers late?)

OL:
Smith, Nails, Seth, Carey, Tait(I can agree with you there)

Who is Brown?
And dont we free 10mil+ just by letting Jay&BG go?

You know I'm wondering about the Titans. They are cutting one of their Ts go. If it's Brad Hopkins the LT, he is a good vet. to play RT for us while maybe a mid rounds prospect develops.

Troy Brown, there's a good chance he gets axed with the emergance of Branch, Givens, and Bethel Johnson. He'd be a great slot guy for us.

We're about $17m over the cap I think, we can get under it enough to sign a good player like a John Tait or a Darrell Jackson. But there's no way we can afford both Woody and Tait, when we may not be able to afford Woody alone.

I think one thing people seem to be missing on is Sage Rosenfels. While he almost certainly is not going to enter camp as the starter, I'm pretty sure that he'll enter as the #2 guy. This is assuming we get Brunell or some other veteran to start.

There is no way that we draft some kid (or trade for Henson) and automatically put them ahead of Sage. That's not fair to Sage OR the youngster. What you do is put the kid at the bottom of the depth chart and remove unnecessary pressure. Then you let the kid ascend the depth chart naturally instead of forcing the issue.

Just my take. Feel free to add your imput. :)

Muck,
I'm with you that. Sage ahs seen the system now. If needed (and we have a good O line) he maight be able to manage a game to win for us. Unless a rook can come in and really progress in the system, Sage should be the #2.

Originally posted by Muck
I think one thing people seem to be missing on is Sage Rosenfels. While he almost certainly is not going to enter camp as the starter, I'm pretty sure that he'll enter as the #2 guy. This is assuming we get Brunell or some other veteran to start.

There is no way that we draft some kid (or trade for Henson) and automatically put them ahead of Sage. That's not fair to Sage OR the youngster. What you do is put the kid at the bottom of the depth chart and remove unnecessary pressure. Then you let the kid ascend the depth chart naturally instead of forcing the issue.

Just my take. Feel free to add your imput. :)

Thanks, saved me a lot of writing. I completely agree. Sage is #2 with a late round QB for #3.

If it's Troy Brown, I can't see Clayton starting over him right off the bat. Troy Brown is too good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom