Next Year's team a contender? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Year's team a contender?

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
FWIW, the defense should remain somewhat intact, or have some minor salary cap relieving restructuring.

The offense has 3 young players to build around. RW, Chambers, and McMichael. Given a guy like saunders (the OC at KC), all you need is to solidify the O LIne (no small task) and get a #2 wr and scheme away.

For my money, I say we keep Jay (as a backup/compete as a starter for a reduced salary) and get a FA QB with a strong accurate arm (Brunell). Draft a Lineman/WR in RD 1 and get the rest in FA as best you can. Restructure Madison, Zack, and Taylor, Tender Wally for a 1st and 3rd (hope he goes, I'd rather have the picks), and build from there.

I think that we don't need to rebuild, just retool ala Gruden in Tampa Bay.

Gator

I couldn't agree more with most of your points.

Madison HAS to restructure, or he will find himself in line with alot of other free agent corners, most of whom I would rather have over his sorry *** anyway.

Fiedler will most likely take a paycut.

Ogunleye leaving for atleast a 1st is fine by me, and its what I've always hoped for.

If Miami signed only one free agent this year, I wish it was Damien Woody. Ideally we'll have 2 1st rounders, and even more ideally, one of them will be Eli or Ben, accompanied with either a lineman or WR.

The need for drafting a lineman in the first would be greatly diminished with Woody, who can play guard and center at a high level.

Drafting a DT will also become a priority in the near future, and better sooner then later. As I believe DT is the second most imporant position on the field.

fieldler take a paycut??
more like he is just cut.. he wont be here next year. praise the lord.
c-ya jay.. youre out

I wouldn't rule out Jay being back next year. Just look at what's out there. Not much. Lots of damaged goods. And even if we draft a QB high, we're still going to want to have a vet here.

The Phins reportedly approached Jay as late as October about coming back as a backup next year.

Good Post I agree with every thing but keeping Jay for a backup which I would replace with a rookie

i agree that jay will be a backup somewhere. as for the dolphins, i think they will get a FA quarterback, and draft a rookie high.. that doesnt leave a lot of room for jay or griese.

J should stay and compeat as a backup. Brunell might be a good idea if we pick up another wr. greise needs to go. i think it's time to take out sage, let's see what he can do, i think he can be a real gem. first and foremost is the dreaded OL

The Dolphins have been contenders, (at least early in the season), practically every season since 1970. I don't see that changing unless a new coaching staff feels a total rebuild is needed.

I agree with that. I have a feeling deep down that we might have to tear it down and rebuild in order to go all the way. There are a lot of holes on offense and so little money....and draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom