Next year's upside.....unpredictable | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next year's upside.....unpredictable

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd start a thread dealing with something other then the draft.

I know with new OC/DC coaches as well as obviously Saban at HC our schemes etc. are going to change. That said....I think there will be a great level of unpredictability as to how to attack us or defend us as we may be going from one scheme to the next from play to play or game to game as the new staff continues to fine tune what we're doing. What works for one team doesn't always work for another so our primary emphasis on moving to a new scheme (on O or D) will be tweaked and changed due to personnel.

Bates switched it up quite a bit (from run, run, run, punt) and we saw some good results. How much will the new hires help us out with being not only unpredictable but also successful? What do u think? How much of an advantage is it (moving to a new system while borrowing from the old) going to give us?

it can be a positive for the dolphins when facing teams tha tdon't know what's going to happen, but it could be a huge negative, because the dolphins themselves may not know what's going to happen

first of all thanks for the new brain food, second to answer your question i think a new system has both its advantages and disadvantages. Yes it does give our team a bit of unpredictability, especially early in the season but to counter act that advantage it also takes players a while to get used to a new system and i imagine it will take the offense a few games to actually sync up with one another.

I agree with the fact that the advantage is the unpredictibility and the disadvantage being our own players coming up to speed with the systems. Hopefully for our sake, the unpredictibility will win us a few games in the beginning of the year and then once the personnel grasp the scheme's and system itself it won't matter. Look at the Bucs during Gruden's first year, it took them half the season to pick up the system from player to player, however, it was new to their usual opponents and won them a few games. Once they picked up the system though, they rolled through the playoffs and super bowl. I don't expect that much success this season but I am excited about something new to watch.

I think we can expect some stuff ups with the new system and it will take a while but it will be worth it when our offense begins to run smoothly in the passing game and we might have some hope of making the pass on 3rd and 10.

I won't be at all surprised to see the Dolphins go 2-2 in September, while the new offensive/defensive systems are absorbed by players (and even some of the coaches). I hope there is no panic among the faithful though, as I really expect a team that will get better as the season goes on, and rolls into December with confidence.

Slow start and strong finish. Fill some holes in the draft and Feeley plays solid? I see 11 or 12 wins, I really do. Look at how the Chargers turned it around last year. It can be done in the modern NFL.

The fresh tooling and pep-talking of a new season by excellent coaches will have a dramatic effect on sleeping talent within the Dolphins. Expect suprises when no credit is given, especially with changes within the Bills and Patriots for the worse.

Back
Top Bottom