'NFL 100 Greatest' Games, No. 4: 'The Epic in Miami' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'NFL 100 Greatest' Games, No. 4: 'The Epic in Miami'

Epic game. The Bears were the eventual champs and they dominated all year, but this game hurt them bad in their pride.

So, is the list all finished? I see three Dolphin games listed in this forum, but there's no way some of those Jet games from the Marino era aren't listed. One of them was 51-45, I think, which even in the present era would be very exciting, but back then? Just didn't happen. And the fake spike game.

Both of those were in the 100-81 rangec if I’m not mistaken.

That was Marino’s finest Moment, he absolutely torched the Bears that night, and I will forever believe would have done it again in the Super Bowl that same year.

Great game, but in 2 minutes of video, they really didn't show it in it's glory. Wasted almost the entire time on a drawn out interview with Suzy Kolber--whom I like--instead of showing the magnificent plays of the game, or underscoring how everyone thought the Bears would go undefeated. Would have loved to see more of the fantastic throws. Missed opportunity.

Great game … but very fluke'ish and heartbreaking. The guy who gets the ball had hands of stone … just pure luck that he caught it.

As badass as he was, Winslow definitely exaggerated at the end of that game.

Also what a shame that his son is such a piece of ****

That was a great game. I actually thought that Monday night Jets game that was lost was a good one as well.

That was a great game. I actually thought that Monday night Jets game that was lost was a good one as well.
That was a good game as well. I remember ESPN made it an “instant classic”. I wouldn’t watch it again though. Watching Jay Fiedler once was enough for me.

“Moore takes it in!” Love that call on Nat Moore’s opening touchdown of the game. And Mack Moore’s sack of Jim McMahon in the 4th quarter. Both epic pieces of Dolphins history.

Never get tired of seeing it. So cool to see Csonka and Kiick on the sidelines. I miss those days!

The "NFL 100 Greatest" ranks the top 100 games in NFL history, and the Chicago Bears vs. Miami Dolphins matchup from Week 13 of the 1985 season lands at No. 29.

Good find DK, thanks for posting. :ffic:

I know exactly where I was during that game. That lateral to end the first half was just amazing. Our kicker costed us that game not once but twice. Still, even tho we lost it was a great game.
Kellon Winslow killed us, that man played with heart coming back after being carted off on a stretcher, they don't make em like that anymore...

Back
Top Bottom