NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score

Written for fantasy but the grades and metrics are identical. A ton of info.

COMBINED CONSENSUS RANKING OF ALL STABLE METRICS SINCE 2021

RankingTight EndPFF Big Board TE Rank
1Dalton Kincaid, Utah1
2Darnell Washington, Georgia5
3Michael Mayer, Notre Dame2
4Kyle Patterson, Air Force21
5Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6
6Sam LaPorta, Iowa4
7Brayden Willis, Oklahoma16
8Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan7
9Marshon Ford, Louisville13
10Josh Whyle, Cincinnati10
11Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion8
12Cameron Latu, Alabama12

TOP 10 TES IN POSITIVELY GRADED RUN-BLOCKING PLAYS SINCE 2021

Player% of Positively Graded Run-Blocking PlaysTotal Run-Blocking Snaps
Darnell Washington, Georgia14.1%555
Brayden Willis, Oklahoma13.2%555
Kyle Patterson, Air Force12.9%381
Travis Vokolek, Nebraska11.5%390
Michael Mayer, Notre Dame11.1%704
Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State11.0%553
Leonard Taylor, Cincinnati10.9%496
Payne Durham, Purdue10.8%528
Josh Whyle, Cincinnati10.5%541
Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State10.0%321

UDFA signing of Gindorff from North Dakota St would be nice. They had their pro day yesterday and Miami was there. Also could look at Mauch at OT, Waige on DL, and a guy you should all look at is Hunter Luepke at FB/RB. He's that short yardage guy that can also run a wheel route out of the backfield. Don't know if Luepke will last to the sixth round. Hopefully, we'll make some trades to get our fourth and fifth round picks back. Waege and Gindorff may not get drafted, Mauch is pegged for late first or in the second. Luepke is all over the place from rounds 3-7 depending on the evaluator.

Written for fantasy but the grades and metrics are identical. A ton of info.

COMBINED CONSENSUS RANKING OF ALL STABLE METRICS SINCE 2021

RankingTight EndPFF Big Board TE Rank
1Dalton Kincaid, Utah1
2Darnell Washington, Georgia5
3Michael Mayer, Notre Dame2
4Kyle Patterson, Air Force21
5Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6
6Sam LaPorta, Iowa4
7Brayden Willis, Oklahoma16
8Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan7
9Marshon Ford, Louisville13
10Josh Whyle, Cincinnati10
11Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion8
12Cameron Latu, Alabama12

Kincaid is projected to slip a bit with him having a bit of a back injury. Could push him to TE # 2 taken which hopefully pushes Washington to being available.

Kincaid is projected to slip a bit with him having a bit of a back injury. Could push him to TE # 2 taken which hopefully pushes Washington to being available.
Washington is ideal and there is a chance he could drop to us.

Once upon a time Kraft was my sleeper. Then rose to 3rd round and continues to go up with his ability to block as well as receive.
However, he is from South Dakota State and needs to improve strength, tune his blocking technique. I would not count on him for much this year.

Very much agree on Whyle. He’s going to have an NFL career. Needs to get stronger, though. He’d be someone I’d love in the fourth or fifth round if we had a fourth or fifth round pick.
I think Whyle has a lot of potential. I hope Grier can get a few more picks by wheeling and dealing.

Lots of great information. I think Kraft, LaPorta or Strange for Miami. Whyle is a sleeper.
I very much like the % of positively graded run block plays as shown in the blocking ranks. 10-14 % of 500-600 runs does not seem like much but anyone who ever tried to grade an OL knows better. An in line TE gets mostly 0's with runs going middle, other side, etc.

To get a positive grade you need to push a defender back, seal a lane or kick some ass at the second level. Does not happen much.

I very much like the % of positively graded run block plays as shown in the blocking ranks. 10-14 % of 500-600 runs does not seem like much but anyone who ever tried to grade an OL knows better. An in line TE gets mostly 0's with runs going middle, other side, etc.

To get a positive grade you need to push a defender back, seal a lane or kick some ass at the second level. Does not happen much.
Good breakdown my friend. Thanks for bringing your knowledge on here.

Right. That's probably a big point for McDaniel as well. I think Miami will be looking for a TE that is fairly complete, but blocking is a must.

Back
Top Bottom