NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look

Right. That's probably a big point for McDaniel as well. I think Miami will be looking for a TE that is fairly complete, but blocking is a must.
Hell yeah. He had Kittle in SF, one of the best block/catch combp TEs there is. Even a poor man's version would be a big help to McD. If a D does not know if the TE is blocking or receiving it adds to the confusion of all our motion.

Hell yeah. He had Kittle in SF, one of the best block/catch combp TEs there is. Even a poor man's version would be a big help to McD. If a D does not know if the TE is blocking or receiving it adds to the confusion of all our motion.
Adding to that, I think one of those top 10 blocking TE's on your chart is a likely pick.

There's just no way the team can pass on this tE class......it'd be horrible to just punt on the position......I feel that TE at 51 is where we should be looking to draft one unless an OT that is too good to pass happens to be on the board in which case you must draft a TE at 84. I believe at least 3 TE's will be gone before we're on the clock at 51........I can even see 4 TE's taken....if that's the case then we better take one at 51 or we could be left with nothing.

There are several TE's I like

kincaid
LaPorta
Washington
kraft
Mayer

plenty to pick from for sure.

There's just no way the team can pass on this tE class......it'd be horrible to just punt on the position......I feel that TE at 51 is where we should be looking to draft one unless an OT that is too good to pass happens to be on the board in which case you must draft a TE at 84. I believe at least 3 TE's will be gone before we're on the clock at 51........I can even see 4 TE's taken....if that's the case then we better take one at 51 or we could be left with nothing.

There are several TE's I like

kincaid
LaPorta
Washington
kraft
Mayer

plenty to pick from for sure.
The only was an OT too good to pass up is at #51 is if the draft is held in "Area 51." :cool:

I don't like Kincaid or La Porta for Miami as we need an inline TE. You said a while back that Kraft may have to be picked at 51 and I'm starting to agree as I see him on the rise.

I know this thread is close to the one I put up before on TEs but when I saw the amount of info, which most are not familiar with, I put it up.
It also adds credibility to Kraft who many fans are now liking as Dolphins pick.

We're gonna end up picking a late one.
As much as I like Washington, LaPorta, and Kraft…… I actually think guys like Brenton Strange, Cameron Latu, and Josh Whyle would be day 2 picks in most other draft classes. This **** is deeeeeeep at TE.

Gibbs is probably the only player I’d pass on Washington for if he makes it to 51 though, both unlikely, IMO. I don’t see the tackles Wright or Jones making it out of the first round.

My hope is Washington, but I don't think he makes it to our pick. I'd probably take Mayer next but I also doubt he makes it to us. Kraft is my favorite guy who is also likely to be available. I'd be happy with Strange late as well.

I don't have much interest in La Porta. He may end up as a great receiving TE somewhere, but his length puts a cap on his ability to get low and block. My criteria for our TE in this system is 1) Run blocking, 2) reliable hands, 3) breaking tackles. If they are fast and can threaten the seam and run a variety of routes, that's a plus, but so much less important for us in this system. Unless the guy is another Kittle-level player, he'll be a less efficient receiving option than our WRs. Kincaid is the only one I see as a top receiving TE who might develop enough as run blocker.

TE won’t be a high pick like that Strange kid around the 6th

TOP 10 TES IN YARDS AFTER THE CATCH PER RECEPTION SINCE 2021

PlayerYAC/RECTotal Receptions
Darnell Washington, Georgia7.2638
Brenton Strange, Penn State6.7952
Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6.6792
Travis Vokolek, Nebraska6.6131
Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State6.5723
Brayden Willis, Oklahoma6.4553
Will Mallory, Miami (FL)6.2472
Sam LaPorta, Iowa6.01111
Cameron Latu, Alabama5.7556
Josh Whyle, Cincinnati5.6958

meant to add this but forgot. Seven yards after a catch average is unreal. Keeps coming up Washington or Kraft.

TOP 10 TES IN YARDS AFTER THE CATCH PER RECEPTION SINCE 2021

PlayerYAC/RECTotal Receptions
Darnell Washington, Georgia7.2638
Brenton Strange, Penn State6.7952
Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6.6792
Travis Vokolek, Nebraska6.6131
Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State6.5723
Brayden Willis, Oklahoma6.4553
Will Mallory, Miami (FL)6.2472
Sam LaPorta, Iowa6.01111
Cameron Latu, Alabama5.7556
Josh Whyle, Cincinnati5.6958

meant to add this but forgot. Seven yards after a catch average is unreal. Keeps coming up Washington or Kraft.
Strange is gonna be a dolphin

My hope is Washington, but I don't think he makes it to our pick. I'd probably take Mayer next but I also doubt he makes it to us. Kraft is my favorite guy who is also likely to be available. I'd be happy with Strange late as well.

I don't have much interest in La Porta. He may end up as a great receiving TE somewhere, but his length puts a cap on his ability to get low and block. My criteria for our TE in this system is 1) Run blocking, 2) reliable hands, 3) breaking tackles. If they are fast and can threaten the seam and run a variety of routes, that's a plus, but so much less important for us in this system. Unless the guy is another Kittle-level player, he'll be a less efficient receiving option than our WRs. Kincaid is the only one I see as a top receiving TE who might develop enough as run blocker.
Agree on all. I think Washington would be an immediate help vs not as much from Kraft and possibly Strange.

Back
Top Bottom