NFL allows #0 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL allows #0

I wouldn’t be shocked if a FA or rookie picks 0 this year. Hill would need to pay a ton of money to buy back his jerseys from the NFL. When you walk by a sports memorabilia store his jersey is always one of the focal displays. Would be cool to see Ramsey wear it tbh.

NFL has announced they will now let players where the #0, just curious who fanes think will or should be the first Dolphin to where the number on the final 53 man roster? I wouldn't be shocked if Tyreek changed his number to 0. It would also be a decent number for Berrios. Yes after thinking about it, Hill stays at 10, Waddle at 17 and Berrios should be assigned the #0.
To me. A zero is a sign of shame. Meaning you didn’t do enough to earn a number. Suddenly a zero is being fought over. There’s not a more 2023 truism out there.

Double zero Kenny Burroughs was super cool. They should allow that again
It probably had to do with the AFL merger. Otto was with the Raiders before the merger, I don’t remember Burroughs but I’d bet he was as well. The NFL probably grandfathered them in with 00 and didn’t allow anyone else to have the number.

It probably had to do with the AFL merger. Otto was with the Raiders before the merger, I don’t remember Burroughs but I’d bet he was as well. The NFL probably grandfathered them in with 00 and didn’t allow anyone else to have the number.
This is the way.

NFL has announced they will now let players where the #0, just curious who fanes think will or should be the first Dolphin to where the number on the final 53 man roster? I wouldn't be shocked if Tyreek changed his number to 0. It would also be a decent number for Berrios. Yes after thinking about it, Hill stays at 10, Waddle at 17 and Berrios should be assigned the #0.
Iggy

From his wiki - you are correct:

“Burrough was the last NFL player to wear number 00 on his jersey; the league restricted all numbers to between 1 and 89 in 1973 (later expanded to 1 and 99 in 1987), but Burrough and Oakland Raiders' center Jim Otto, both of whom wore 00 at the time, were covered under a grandfather clause for the rest of their careers.[6]

Back
Top Bottom