NFL Bans "Horse-collar" tackle...(merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Bans "Horse-collar" tackle...(merged)

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Thank god. This should have been done years ago!!!

That's going to make things a lot tougher for Defensive Backs, but in terms or preventing injuries, sounds like a good idea...

No Fun League strikes again...LAME...lets just ban tackling all together since someone can get hurt being tackled

Slappy8800 said:
No Fun League strikes again...LAME...lets just ban tackling all together since someone can get hurt being tackled

It's less fun to see the best players in the league, i.e. T.O., getting injured and missing 6-8 weeks because some sorry db isn't strong enough to tackle him right.

injuries are part of the game...now if EVERY time someone was tackled liek that they ogt injured I can see outlawing it....

Shocking rule, its a tough sport get over it just cos a league poster boy gets hurt gotta ban it :shakeno:

"Horse-collar" tackle banned by NFL owners

Guess what Football players..... turns out you hafta change the way you play again, or be punished for doing what you've always done. Since the NFL's precious T.O. went down after being tackled from behind by the back(collar) of his shoulder pads....... it's been outlawed. Breaking away from the pack should be a little bit easier now that they hafta clip your racing legs. Look for defenders to be wearing mandatory handcuffs by 2008.

BTW: horse-collar tackles are now personal fouls..... 15 yards.

good, they hurt a lot of players. You shouldn't be allowed to grab any part of a players equipment like that.

I agree that it's an awkward tackle and this will prevent a few injuries.. but these guys are trying to change football forever..

okay, how do you tackle someone from behind.

can' grab helmet or shoulder pads, can't hit the legs.

do you have to goose them and hope they drop the ball?

As I posted in another thread, I think it's a good ban. If you can't tackle a player the right way, you shouldn't be allowed to grab part of their equipment.

ok i thought the commisioner determined that Ricky's hair was " part of the uniform" and that it was acceptable to bring him down by his hair. What are the shoulder pads part of ?????

You can't do that without including hair..... it's the same exact concept.

Back
Top Bottom