NFL Clubs can open facilities | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Clubs can open facilities

A reminder guys there is a thread in POFO talking about the actual virus and stuff

The main focus in this one should be only how it relates to football opening

Thanks

If the University if Arizona, as an example, is figuring out Testing and opening, I would think the NFL will figure something out.

If they have to spend the money to get the medical personnel and administer testing, considerring the dollars at stake, I think it happens.

The stadium situation as far as fans will be difficult, I could see limited capacities, maybe they figure something out on a rotating basis for the season tickets holders that are willing to attend. They will establish protocols with concessions for instance- I’m sure.
Agreed, but to be fair UofA is big time in the medical field.

A reminder guys there is a thread in POFO talking about the actual virus and stuff

The main focus in this one should be only how it related to football opening

Thanks
You are right, of course, its just hard to sit by, when some won't let it go.

Its like being tied in a chair, being forced to watch Queesy/Gase press conferences after a loss, on a loop. Makes me want to scream.

Back on topic.....

BvaI9tCIQAAX3V8.jpg

Why wouldn't they?
Well a bunch of reasons, here are the ones I see at first blush:

1. The young fit athlete probably isn't going to show symptoms, so he probably isn't even going to know he has it. So unless he gets tested and it isn't a false-negative (test misses it), he'll never know.
2. The bottom of the draft prospects and all the UDFA's are guys struggling to get a shot, and if they miss this cattle call portion of the pre-season, they'll not make a roster in 2020, and chances are even lower they'll make one in 2021, so even if they know they have it, they'll probably wear a mask, socially distance themselves, and hide it. Literally their entire life has been building up to this shot, and they're not going to miss it because they think they "might" have a cold.
3. Those drafted rookies know they'll be behind the curve if they miss the pre-season, and they think they can just use Purell and mouth wash to prevent spreading it. Hey, stranger beliefs/precautions are held than this one. Essentially, they think they can manage it until it is no longer contagious.
4. Some people just don't care about others ... we see it all the time in athletes. Hell, look at Deandre Baker just the other day ... like ... what on earth was he thinking pulling a gun and robbing friends he was playing poker with at a party? Everybody knew him! Did he just not care, and thought he was such a big deal nobody would dare report him? Yeah, some people (athletes included) really are that dumb and self-centered.

End of the day, this time is too important to guys' careers for them to miss it. They'll rationalize whatever they need to be there. Now a high #1 pick like Tua ... sure, they might find reasons NOT to be there (although I'm sure Tua is all team-oriented and raring to take part). But most rookies will move heaven and earth to be there. Just my $0.02.

Well a bunch of reasons, here are the ones I see at first blush:

1. The young fit athlete probably isn't going to show symptoms, so he probably isn't even going to know he has it. So unless he gets tested and it isn't a false-negative (test misses it), he'll never know.
2. The bottom of the draft prospects and all the UDFA's are guys struggling to get a shot, and if they miss this cattle call portion of the pre-season, they'll not make a roster in 2020, and chances are even lower they'll make one in 2021, so even if they know they have it, they'll probably wear a mask, socially distance themselves, and hide it. Literally their entire life has been building up to this shot, and they're not going to miss it because they think they "might" have a cold.
3. Those drafted rookies know they'll be behind the curve if they miss the pre-season, and they think they can just use Purell and mouth wash to prevent spreading it. Hey, stranger beliefs/precautions are held than this one. Essentially, they think they can manage it until it is no longer contagious.
4. Some people just don't care about others ... we see it all the time in athletes. Hell, look at Deandre Baker just the other day ... like ... what on earth was he thinking pulling a gun and robbing friends he was playing poker with at a party? Everybody knew him! Did he just not care, and thought he was such a big deal nobody would dare report him? Yeah, some people (athletes included) really are that dumb and self-centered.

End of the day, this time is too important to guys' careers for them to miss it. They'll rationalize whatever they need to be there. Now a high #1 pick like Tua ... sure, they might find reasons NOT to be there (although I'm sure Tua is all team-oriented and raring to take part). But most rookies will move heaven and earth to be there. Just my $0.02.
Sorry. I meant why wouldn't the organization be extremely careful? Just like every other organization in the country that's opening up? Or, every essential organisation that never closed, yet has continued operations? It would be pretty foolish for them to not account for human error or greed, by anticipating and making adjustments for it. I just don't see training camps becoming hotbeds of contamination that will threaten civilization. No more than the major universities that have plans to open.

Sorry. I meant why wouldn't the organization be extremely careful? Just like every other organization in the country that's opening up? Or, every essential organisation that never closed, yet has continued operations? It would be pretty foolish for them to not account for human error or greed, by anticipating and making adjustments for it. I just don't see training camps becoming hotbeds of contamination that will threaten civilization. No more than the major universities that have plans to open.
Well sure, but testing isn't so prevalent that they can test people daily. At some level, they're going to have to trust the players, and guys at that age ... well it's a risky ask.

Back
Top Bottom