NFL.Com Feature- AFC East (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.Com Feature- AFC East (merged)

Originally posted by marcusreal
I got to be the black sheep here, because I think the Pats picked up the most offseason talent. Don't kill me too slow, ok?:chair:

Their only major acquisition was Roosevelt Colvin.
Rodney Harrison is a downgrade from Tebucky Jones

Bro, it’s simple. Coles was their best WR. Who cares about numbers. He was their BEST. Price was not our best WR. Price is very good, but he’s no Moulds. Will it hurt? Sure it will. But we still have one of the best WR’s in his Prime in Eric Moulds. The Jets have an injury prone Curtis Conway taking over as their top guy. It’s a huge difference.

CK, this is the reason why we don't think Peerless will not be missed that much

"Since there is a glut of promising young receivers, we're going with four wideouts and no tight end or fullback.

The most obvious pick is Josh Reed of the Bills. "If I were a fantasy football guy, I'd take him," Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak says. With Peerless Price in Atlanta, Reed figures to catch a lot of Drew Bledsoe passes this season. Last year, four Bills players had more receptions than Reed, but none of them had a better average per catch than his 13.8 yards. "

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/dan_pompei/20030708.html?20030708.html

We figure if Reed had been the no. 2 wr he could've benefited from Drew as qb and Moulds opposite him just like Price. Actually he did. 500+ yards as a rookie no. 3 wr is not too shabby especially since the 2 wr's ahead of him caught for over 1000's yards.

What we lost in Peerless , hopefully we will get back through the D that we are hoping will get more turnovers and better field position. The bills and raiders were one of the better passing O last year and it got us nowhere and the Raiders were beaten by a defensive team. We were successful at running first and throwing second which we did against the fins @buffalo. We had a more balanced attack then and that's were the team is headed. Hopefully.

Originally posted by WharfRat
Sorry guys... this is getting moved to the Beast of the AFC East forum.

But WhafRat this thread talks about the Dolphins as much as the rest of the AFCE..this should stay in the main Dolphins forum..the response alone should tell you it's Phins kind of subject matter. If it was only about the Bills I could see that, but it's not.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

But WhafRat this thread talks about the Dolphins as much as the rest of the AFCE..this should stay in the main Dolphins forum..the response alone should tell you it's Phins kind of subject matter. If it was only about the Bills I could see that, but it's not.

The story itself is about the entire AFCE. The discussion so far in this thread has been predominantly about the Fins, but also about the Bills, Jets, and even a little about the Pats...

I don't think it will "die" in here. In fact it may bring more traffic through here.
IMO, this is the best place for it.

See Wharfrat, it died as soon as it got here..

We were successful at running first and throwing second which we did against the fins @buffalo

I don't call 16 offensive points successful...especially considering the offense had not one, not two, not even three, but SIX extra chances to take the ball because of Lucas miscues. Oh, wait, sorry, only 5 extra chances, since one of those interceptions was returned for a TD. The Dolphins, against teams that can stretch the field vertically and horizontally, employ a more bend but don't break style. They did it against the Colts and Edgerrin James ran all over them...and the Dolphins won. They did it against the Bills and Travis Henry ran all over them...and Ray Lucas handed the game away.

Z.S, true about the downgrade but what about Poole and if he beats out Otis Smith, the guy is 37 yrs. old for crying out loud(no offense to the age, only for nfl)? What about Chris Atkins? Someone gets hurt or doesn't perform well then he's in too. Fred McCrary is not a good catcher, but a strong blocker.

Back
Top Bottom