NFL.com has a new four round mock draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com has a new four round mock draft

I’m trying not to go down the mock draft simulator rabbit hole again this year……but there’s no scenario I take LaPorta over Sanders and Gibbs.
Given those 3 options(at #51 I am assuming)makes any interesting choice.They are a grouped together pretty closely I think, in the 45-55 area.

You could argue that all 3 play non premium positions two of which(RB and LB)are less of a need than TE to the Fins.

Purely on talent I would rank them Gibbs, Sanders, LaPorta in that order, but given the scenario choosing one of the three I am not sure what I would do. LaPorta is the biggest upgrade to what the Fins have at his position(although you could argue for Gibbs too)Gibbs is likely the biggest impact of the three, while Sanders would be a solid addition to what was a weak LB corps.

With a guy to my head I am probably taking Gibbs but if you replace LaPorta with D Washington or Mayer I would go with the TE.

RB that early would be tough for me philosophically but Gibbs is clearly the best player.

But honestly I would trade down or take Luke Wypler, Bergeron, Mauch, or Joe Tippman. :chuckle:

If Miami paints themselves in a corner at OL, Blake Freeland is probably the best OT that will be available. Lots to like, but he def has room to grow. Because he's such a good athlete and relatively young, he could develop sooner than expected.

I'd rather draft Kraft or LaPorta, because I'm more confident that they'll be good, and I like both of their ceilings, but if they don't have a signing waiting, they can't just go into 2023 with the OL as is.

But, to the original point, of the players projected to be available in that range, Kraft and LaPorta are comfortably the best imo.
Blake Freeland's athletic profile is exciting. I wish he was a better run blocker, but maybe he can develop a little there. Besides, that's probably secondary in today's game.

So I decided to take a look at it...

In the second, they have us taking Sam LaPorta, which I know would make some here very happy.

But we pass on:
OTs: Bergeron and Jones
RBs: Charbonnet and Gibbs
TE: Kraft
DT: Mazi Smith and Ika
LBs: Sanders and Campbell

In the third, they have us taking Edge Derrick Hall
Passing on:
TEs Kuntz and Strange
LBs: Henley and To'o To'o
OT: Morris and Freeland
DEs: Tuipolotu and Harrison
RB: Achane and others

I think that a lot of the players who are popular here... and who because of that are predicted to go early... might not be as popular as some of us fear.

My recent mock has Ika going at 51. I doubt Miami retains both Wilins & Seiler. Plus, A True space eating 2 gap DT is something needed regardless of scheme/philosohy

At 84, Overshown (LB UTx)/Duncan (OT UMd), or Kyu Blue Kelly (CB Stanford) would be fine w/ me.

Durham (TE Purdue) in the 6th IMO would be a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom