NFL.com I WANT Alex Smith! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com I WANT Alex Smith!

Yeah, well Ricky was "antimaterialistic" too...

Just something to think about.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I think BPA is WR Edwards. I think Smith is that other 'value" guy.

I'd be thrilled with either player.

No doubt, that's why I was careful to qualify my pick. :wink:

Come on the kid went to a private school and liked it, he likes classy, classy is expensive. Besides who cares what he says, he wont play for free and may even pull a Rivers holding out.

University of Utah is "private"?? I thought all University of "State" schools were Public. University of Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, South Carolina...i thought all the "State" Universities were Public. :confused:

Joey 22 said:
Come on the kid went to a private school and liked it, he likes classy, classy is expensive. Besides who cares what he says, he wont play for free and may even pull a Rivers holding out.

Still reaching Joey.

Any rookie can "hold out".....attaching that stigma to him is myopic. Not fair at all.

"4.7 in the 40-yard dash … 335-pound bench press … 31-inch vertical jump."

4.7 in the 40 yard dash, isnt that kinda slow for a QB??? 335 bench press is IMPRESSIVE. If u watch the NFL lineman shows in mid-football season where they do bench press, some of them dont even do 335. I couldve sworn I saw Kevin Carter ONLY do 275 like 2 years ago. 31 inch Vertical Jump, i have no idea what that is supposed to mean, lol but i bet its okay.

SkapePhin said:
Not a Marino fan. :down:

exactly, wrong friggen answer, Ha, I can't wait till Dan shows up in the locker room and makes him do stupid rookie ****...:wink:

ItalianDolFan said:
NFL.com had a pop quiz for Alex Smith. The guy is amazing, he really shows he is a great person. Go to NFL.com and read the pop quiz they gave Alex Smith. The one question that got me was "what would u do with the money after u get a contract" and he said "pay off my family's debt". He also stated he is ANTI-materialistic.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8298423

By the way, does anybody know if Alex Smith is a good rushing QB? He is going to be 21, VERY young for a QB...this guy has GREAT potential and we need to fix our QB problem. Alex Smith all the way!!

i would love for us to draft smith. He's a team first quality player.

I feel if you draft someone that high in the first round, they better be able to start right away. Otherwise it's a waste of money imo. So if they Draft him at #2 overall, I would be throwing him right into the fire. He would be starting. Sitting back with the clipboard learning is for the lower picks. These high picks should be pretty close to being rdy to play.

SkapePhin said:
Not a Marino fan. :down:

Smith & Marino have 2 different styles of QBing. It's probably less about him thinking Marino blows and more him seeing his style similar to Elway, Farve, etc.

ItalianDolFan said:
"4.7 in the 40-yard dash … 335-pound bench press … 31-inch vertical jump."

4.7 in the 40 yard dash, isnt that kinda slow for a QB??? 335 bench press is IMPRESSIVE. If u watch the NFL lineman shows in mid-football season where they do bench press, some of them dont even do 335. I couldve sworn I saw Kevin Carter ONLY do 275 like 2 years ago. 31 inch Vertical Jump, i have no idea what that is supposed to mean, lol but i bet its okay.

4.7 is more than enough for a QB, hes not a burner but it shows he can scramble. Rothlesberger ran that last year. I promise you Kevin Carter can max more than 275. 31 inch vert is pretty weak for someone his size, but he is only a qb so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom