NFL . COM Mock has us taking Herbert, leaving Tua on the board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL . COM Mock has us taking Herbert, leaving Tua on the board

Further, Dolphins would have to be out of their minds to draft any RB with a 1st round pick.

Especially THAT RB imo.

If they are gonna draft any RB at 26, I'd be more on board with JK Dobbins or Travis Etienne. Etienne is returning to Clemson, so he's out. IDK whether Etienne's decision will help drive up the draft position of some of these RB's, but if it does and the Dolphins take one -- I sure hope it ain't Swift.

I'm more hopeful (and wishful) to land Dobbins or Taylor at 39.

Thomas dropping to 18....WTF
Wierfs dropping to 27...WTF

So I could land...Tua, Thomas, Weirfs, Dobbins, Cushinberry/Hamler/Reagor, then in the 3rd...Biadesz, Bredson, Uche, Akers...

OK, so lets play this game based on what is available at our picks...

Tua
Thomas
Wierfs
Dobbins
Cushinberry
Lynn Bowden

That is what I could end up with after 2 days?

The offense is completely remade?

Then we draft a RB with one of the 1st round picks and then a high end lineman goes right after with the next pick...Come on!

I'd be estatic if Miami drafts Tua and then with the next two picks drafts Andrew Thomas at 18 and then Tristan Wirfs at 26.

My thoughts exactly.

Thomas dropping to 18....WTF
Wierfs dropping to 27...WTF

So I could land...Tua, Thomas, Weirfs, Dobbins, Cushinberry/Hamler/Reagor, then in the 3rd...Biadesz, Bredson, Uche, Akers...

OK, so lets play this game based on what is available at our picks...

Tua
Thomas
Wierfs
Dobbins
Cushinberry
Lynn Bowden

That is what I could end up with after 2 days?

The offense is completely remade?
That would be a great freaking draft for us.....I just can't believe both thomas and Wirfs will be there that late.

What’s up with CJ Henderson, he was talked about for awhile in the season as the top cb in cfb... did he fall off real hard?

What’s up with CJ Henderson, he was talked about for awhile in the season as the top cb in cfb... did he fall off real hard?
I did just see an NFL.com Mock that has us taking him at 2b...

I've seen that too. I'd prefer to go Corner in the 2nd or 3rd round tho but really I'd like for us to get one in free agency if possible.

I don't see Tua falling to 5 if his medical clears. Chargers, Panthers, and Jags are all in a spot to jump us if they become smitten with him.

This dude was told to make a WTF draft for clicks and views lol.
Thing is, Im pretty certain this is exactly what happened for real in your exact words: "Chad! I want a WTF mock for clicks and views, on my desk by the end of the day."

Secondary players is the one area i think we maybe selling this team short in drafts. Most of us mock "well-rounded" drafts with players at multiple positions. But, based on the scheme, and some of the stuff i read don't be surprise if the Dolphins selected more guys in the secondary than we're use to.

They'll do their best to get vets in FA. But i don't see them spending a crazy amount of money on that skill-set. I think the fact that they were able to bring in raw players and develop them makes them comfortable in drafting rookies and feeling confident that they'll be able to develop them.

So i can see as much as 2-5 guys being drafted to play in the secondary with their picks.

The more tape folks watch on him the more things it throws up. The big thing with CJ seems to be, he will not tackle, question marks on whether his a willing tackler or not. Having watched him for the time he's been with the Gators, I still like him a lot but I can see how folks take this away from watching his tape. For me CJ was always in the right place, he did tackle, perhaps the critics watched his late 2019 tape where that didn't show up, probably protecting his draft status.

Secondary players is the one area i think we maybe selling this team short in drafts. Most of us mock "well-rounded" drafts with players at multiple positions. But, based on the scheme, and some of the stuff i read don't be surprise if the Dolphins selected more guys in the secondary than we're use to.

They'll do their best to get vets in FA. But i don't see them spending a crazy amount of money on that skill-set. I think the fact that they were able to bring in raw players and develop them makes them comfortable in drafting rookies and feeling confident that they'll be able to develop them.

So i can see as much as 2-5 guys being drafted to play in the secondary with their picks.
No doubt... We use lots of Nickel and Dime combo's and move our LB's and DB's all over. We can't have enough good ones.

I won't be surprised to see us grab some Db's either, but I do wonder how much roster space we actually have back there. Needham, Rowe, and a few others played pretty well in that last stretch of games, and the "buy-in" and player growth was impressive.

Back
Top Bottom