Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

I think Lindstrom is really clean at OG and has a very high ceiling - same for McCoy at Center. But, I think most would agree with you. I just think IOL is very underrated, and that's the primary reason you only see beasts like Nelson go early. I had Top 20 grades on Daniels and Hernandez in 2018.

I had top 20 on Daniels. Thought he was a hell of a pivot prospect. Didn’t love hernandez more than top 50 in most classes just cause of I didn’t think he had zone scheme feet. And I was looking at it as fit for Miami. But he’s a nasty sob

If you can trade down, end up with 3 picks in top 60 - a combo the likes of Baker CB, McCoy, Bradbury, Addersly Safety, maybe Lindstrom G.. that’s a great haul.

There’s Christian Wilkins at almost 24 too

Don’t love that. High floor yes but how much more meats on that bone? That might move the needle more for me off the top 15

What does the givens kid from penn states tape look like.

Also that ucf dt kid crushed the on field stuff that cod fluidity was crazy in drills. Got to look at that from 17

Yes or no dremont jones at pick 48 I guess it is?

I think that’s his wheelhouse pick wise. Poa play sub par but lots of upside and only a pup

I disagree Bob. The truly elite pass rushers are going to be gone by 13 - along with Devin White, Q. Williams, etc.

There's some great offensive line talent in this draft. Go watch the film of Garrett Bradbury kicking Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence's asses. He was reach blocking Dexter to the ground and then getting on the linebacker Kendall Joseph so fast it was incredible. He was getting on Wilkins and hip turning him flat on his back. Hip checking and judo flipping his ***. This kid is an elite talent.

Go watch Erik McCoy against Quinnen Williams. He's the only center all season that could hold up to Q. The combine numbers only confirm what was already on film. These guys are going to be two of the best players that come out of this entire draft. You can't find better centers for zoning up front in any draft.

Great Stuff!

Last edited:
There's only one gurad I'd take at 13 and that's John Hannah (HOF).........but if we trade back not once but twice we can get a good O-line guy in the 20's and add a 2nd and a 3rd in the process
Quinton Nelson..

No sir, just that he was worth a top 15 pick..
yeah he's a good player. I don't like taking a guard this high unless that's all you need to complete your team. We're so thin at DE that I'd like one there. DT would be fine too. O-line for me only if we move back for more picks

yeah he's a good player. I don't like taking a guard this high unless that's all you need to complete your team. We're so thin at DE that I'd like one there. DT would be fine too. O-line for me only if we move back for more picks
I think that’s a sound philosophy, a good personal staff should be able to identify good players along the line without spending hi resources, unless you think you have the next John Hannah, a true game changer.. I think Nelson is someone who can impact a game by himself and change the way your team plays..

The last guard I saw that good was Decastro from Stanford..

I do believe we need to get two starting oline man in this draft..

If you can trade down, end up with 3 picks in top 60 - a combo the likes of Baker CB, McCoy, Bradbury, Addersly Safety, maybe Lindstrom G.. that’s a great haul.

I'd be extremely happy if those players and that scenario came to fruition, myself. That kind of outcome would go a long way in paving the road as foundational pieces for the future.

I really would love to draft Kyler Murray, but that seems like a fleeting pipe dream now. So, barring getting Murray, a trade down and accumulating more draft picks makes a lot of sense. Just have to be hopeful we can find a trade partner, and also that it's a fair deal for both to do so.

Tillerys old too.

That dude carried 295 hell a well in field drills

Back to Wilkins- love Wilkins. Would be a steal at #24 and wouldn’t mind him at #13. Agree really high floor, great kid, smart. If you end up with Wilkins and a pick in this draft- you’ve won the draft. In end or rather the beginning - it’s about winning on draft day.

On Tillery and overall age issue- overblown imo- I don’t mind a 22 yr old pick. You have control for 4 years- if he’s a stud - rework the deal year 3- add 3 years. It’s nbd IMO.

I like the strategy thus far btw - Cam Wake should get us a Rd 3 comp. I think James gets us the same. For these reasons, the Flowers rumors don’t make sense but we see. Flowers Wilkins Godcheaux Taylor would be sweet though.

Back
Top Bottom