Nfl.com's Brian Baldinger Praises Dolphins Wr Preston Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl.com's Brian Baldinger Praises Dolphins Wr Preston Williams

I agree in the respect I certainly want to see Rosen and Williams run with the 1s -- but I think Flores is
pretty smart and ... no rush per se -- and no need to risk a set back if either one isn't ready.

Right now I tend to believe Preston is more ready to make the step up. Rosen is still getting
some of the core elements down -- as he's said in a recent interview -- tho he also stated
he's progressed a lot in the past week or so.

I did like the overall quantity of play time Rosen and Williams had in the Atlanta game.
I'm pretty sure that will continue -- and if the results are positive -- we know we're moving
in the right direction.

If you're the coaching staff how do you not let him and Rosen run with the 1s?

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I still think NFL HCs defer to the vet. He's going to save RF's ego and reputation among the players as best he can. Now, that DOESN'T mean Rosen can't beat him out, and may do so, but he'll let Rosen's play make the change - not a judgement call

I have said repeatedly that Fitzpatrick is the backup or gets traded, Rosen did well enough to at least handle this offense, sure he made mistakes but the offensive line was well offensive, he took chances which all Qb's mentality should be. He is no better than the jets QB which everyone truing to crown the next Joe Namath.

They paid Fitzpatrick peanuts to come here, he's not going to save this franchise at the QB position.

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I still think NFL HCs defer to the vet. He's going to save RF's ego and reputation among the players as best he can. Now, that DOESN'T mean Rosen can't beat him out, and may do so, but he'll let Rosen's play make the change - not a judgement call

I can certainly see that especially if the rumors of Fitz popularity with everyone is true. It becomes once you go to Rosen there is really no turning back and going to Fitz. So i have no problem if he makes them earn it. But it would be foolish to not evaluate those two under the toughest competition barometer available.

If you don't do it during the preseason games then when are you going to make that evaluation? Especially for P.Williams.

Trade Stills. I like to see Williams and Parker on the outside , with Grant and Wilson running the Middle. That can do some damage. Hurns come in and out. We are set. We can Probably get a 3rd for Stills. 4th is Guaranteed

Flores is doing the right thing. Pushing Rosen to want it, to earn it. He simply can't just give it to him after 1 good week. You don't want Josh to get it then let off the gas. It's like an auto race, keep doing what you can so Rosen has a shot at the end, then leave up to Josh to pass for the win.

I agree in the respect I certainly want to see Rosen and Williams run with the 1s -- but I think Flores is
pretty smart and ... no rush per se -- and no need to risk a set back if either one isn't ready.

Right now I tend to believe Preston is more ready to make the step up. Rosen is still getting
some of the core elements down -- as he's said in a recent interview -- tho he also stated
he's progressed a lot in the past week or so.

I did like the overall quantity of play time Rosen and Williams had in the Atlanta game.
I'm pretty sure that will continue -- and if the results are positive -- we know we're moving
in the right direction.
How in the hell could Rosen not be ready? He played all of last season and is now in season two. If he is not ready now, when will he ever be ready? They say QB's make their biggest leap between their rookie year and season two. From what I saw, I didn't see much of a dramatic improvement from last year, but he needs to be the starter on opening day. Fitzpatrick is a roadblock to progress for this franchise.

How in the hell could Rosen not be ready? He played all of last season and is now in season two. If he is not ready now, when will he ever be ready? They say QB's make their biggest leap between their rookie year and season two. From what I saw, I didn't see much of a dramatic improvement from last year, but he needs to be the starter on opening day. Fitzpatrick is a roadblock to progress for this franchise.

wow...

Back
Top Bottom