Nfl.com's Brian Baldinger Praises Dolphins Wr Preston Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl.com's Brian Baldinger Praises Dolphins Wr Preston Williams

There is one thing that 40 times and broad jumps and verts can't measure or show, and its in action body control. You don't find 6'4 guys with in action body control like PW. Its incredible.

See a lot of Larry Fitzgerald in this guy, especially if he can get stronger. The RAC, the ball tracking, winning under duress, it's all there in the comps; including the short arms and small hands and slow forty. The Brandon Marshall comps are reaching a little. Marshall is huge, what? 235?

Rosen just plain sucks!!! Until he doesn't. Let me know when that is, because it sure isn't yet.

If he had been throwing those passes to Kenny Stills none of them would have been completed. Not the side line catch,not the toes on the line catch, not the in-between two defenders down field catch. A couple of them should have been intercepted.

Rosen had enormous help from Williams to get the grade he got, otherwise, they are all incomplete; especially the throw it up falling down throw that never should have been made. Never!!

Without Williams miracles, Rosen is the same trash he was last year, and that's a FACT.

Last edited:
See a lot of Larry Fitzgerald in this guy, especially if he can get stronger. The RAC, the ball tracking, winning under duress, it's all there in the comps; including the short arms and small hands and slow forty. The Brandon Marshall comps are reaching a little. Marshall is huge, what? 235?
Larry is better then Marshall. I agree Marshall is a bigger dude so that comp is kinda iffy. But Larry has the hands, route running, speed, vertical, yac

At this point I'll go with Keyshawn Johnson. He needs to prove the YAC to me and I don't see the high end speed. Doesn't mean he won't be a good player

How in the hell could Rosen not be ready? He played all of last season and is now in season two. If he is not ready now, when will he ever be ready? They say QB's make their biggest leap between their rookie year and season two. From what I saw, I didn't see much of a dramatic improvement from last year, but he needs to be the starter on opening day. Fitzpatrick is a roadblock to progress for this franchise.

Pretty convincing post. I've been mostly of the mindset to roll with Fitz to start the season, but that was always based on him outperforming Rosen as young buck in a new system. Fitz is here to keep the seat warm and provide a vet presence, so if Rosen looks equal or better, i'd be glad to see him start.

I still need to see the first ps game, been on vacation in cali!

Pretty convincing post. I've been mostly of the mindset to roll with Fitz to start the season, but that was always based on him outperforming Rosen as young buck in a new system. Fitz is here to keep the seat warm and provide a vet presence, so if Rosen looks equal or better, i'd be glad to see him start.

I still need to see the first ps game, been on vacation in cali!
And you didn't call me? Lol! I posted the highlights here brother.

And you didn't call me? Lol! I posted the highlights here brother.

Ha! beautiful state you live in, saw San Fran, sequoia, kings canyon, and Tahoe. We'll be back! Oh yeah love the non-humid weather, heaven for August.

Better checkout those highlights! Got some time in ATL at the gate.

Rosen just plain sucks!!! Until he doesn't. Let me know when that is, because it sure isn't yet.

If he had been throwing those passes to Kenny Stills none of them would have been completed. Not the side line catch,not the toes on the line catch, not the in-between two defenders down field catch. A couple of them should have been intercepted.

Rosen had enormous help from Williams to get the grade he got, otherwise, they are all incomplete; especially the throw it up falling down throw that never should have been made. Never!!

Without Williams miracles, Rosen is the same trash he was last year, and that's a FACT.
Serious Brother.
That is a little far fetched.Rosen has chemistry with Williams and it's a thing of beauty.For now enjoy the gifts we received and be well.

How in the hell could Rosen not be ready? He played all of last season and is now in season two. If he is not ready now, when will he ever be ready? They say QB's make their biggest leap between their rookie year and season two. From what I saw, I didn't see much of a dramatic improvement from last year, but he needs to be the starter on opening day. Fitzpatrick is a roadblock to progress for this franchise.

Like a dog with a bone

Larry fitz would have been washed up 3 years ago if not for his kick inside to slot usage.

The boundary athlete has been gone. But he’s a pros pro.

only FACT I'm seeing is you talk total crap. I posted 2 days ago about certain posters that went against all logic with their anti posts. You are one of them.
Question for you. You say without Williams "miracle"catches Rosen is basically crap yes? Was Marino crap for his ball placement when the likes of Duper, Clayton, Fryar, Moore, McDuffie, Nathan, Gasden, Jensen, Jackson, Hardy all bailed him out? Your logic is total garbage.
If you don't like Rosen just say it. Step up and be honest. Saying Rosen sucks and only reason he looked good was because of a ROOKIE WR. Hmmm. Have a word with yourself. Don't set up our players to fail. You might get disappointed.

Larry is better then Marshall. I agree Marshall is a bigger dude so that comp is kinda iffy. But Larry has the hands, route running, speed, vertical, yac

At this point I'll go with Keyshawn Johnson. He needs to prove the YAC to me and I don't see the high end speed. Doesn't mean he won't be a good player

Fitzgerald is a 4.6 guy and he worked his butt off to get there. That doesn't mean he doesn't have superior movement skills in pads.

Keyshawn was long with huge hands and catch radius. That's not Preston. Williams has 33 inch arms 9.2 hands, and a wingspan under 80 inches.

only FACT I'm seeing is you talk total crap. I posted 2 days ago about certain posters that went against all logic with their anti posts. You are one of them.
Question for you. You say without Williams "miracle"catches Rosen is basically crap yes? Was Marino crap for his ball placement when the likes of Duper, Clayton, Fryar, Moore, McDuffie, Nathan, Gasden, Jensen, Jackson, Hardy all bailed him out? Your logic is total garbage.
If you don't like Rosen just say it. Step up and be honest. Saying Rosen sucks and only reason he looked good was because of a ROOKIE WR. Hmmm. Have a word with yourself. Don't set up our players to fail. You might get disappointed.

Just go watch the replays of the four catches again. 1 in 50 NFL WR's make the catch on the sideline, no credit to Rosen. 1 in 30 make the one handed grab down field, no credit to Rosen, nobody makes the the throwing it up for grabs falling down catch, pure miracle no credit to Rosen. 1 in 30 make the catch downfield in traffic against two defenders, some credit to Rosen because that was good placement.

As for Rosen, everybody in the world knows he is hot trash and the Dolphins fools for trading for him.

He was the worst starting QB in the league last year and until he shows up against starting caliber defenses and is successful he remains hot trash. Period.

Larry fitz would have been washed up 3 years ago if not for his kick inside to slot usage.

The boundary athlete has been gone. But he’s a pros pro.

He is the best active blocking WR in the league, as well as arguably the most sure handed. I wouldn't be dissing this guy, it's bad for your credibility.

Back
Top Bottom