NFL Draft(not a mock) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft(not a mock)

Ark139954

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I was just wondering where the draft is held and if people can go. Do you have to buy tickets or can you just go. Has anyone ever been,if so, was it worth while or was it boring. Thank You.

its held in new york and tickets ar expensive and its definately worth going, just to meet and get insight of fin fans from across the country. like a real life finheaven forum just in person.

Ark139954 said:
i know wat city but were in the city

It used to be in Madison Square Garden, but I coulda sworn i heard something about it being moved for this year. Could be wrong, but thats what i think.

Yes they moved it because the family that owns the madison square garden was fighting very hard to stop the jets from getting their stadium, so they moved it, but i do not know where

A&MPhin84 said:
It used to be in Madison Square Garden, but I coulda sworn i heard something about it being moved for this year. Could be wrong, but thats what i think.

It's at the Javitz Center this year, maybe I'll see some of you there.

Jacob Javits Center this year. Tickets are FREE! But you must arrive VERY early to get in. I may try to go this year.

If any of you guys are going ill be seeing you there. Tickets are free. I went last year when it was held at Madison Square Garden and it was kinda fun. I booed loudly when we dealt a 4th to deal up 1 spot and gave wanny an earful :)

By the way for anyone interested in a quick recent history of the draft it's never been held anywhere else in the last 20 or so years but NYC. It was in Philly way back when the league started but then it eventually landed at the Marriot in NYC then moved to MSG to accomodate a larger audience and press gathering.

This year its being held @ the Jacob Javtis Center because of the MSG ownerships oposition to the NYJ getting a new stadium. Essentially the contract was up and the NFL wanted to renew it but based on what ive heard on WFAN 660 NY and ESPN 1050 the NFL spokesman; Greg Aeillo (spelling), basically admitted it was moved because MSG ownership wants to maintain its current status as the place to have a major concert or sporting event which is basically blackmail in no uncertain terms. Then to further piss off the NFl MSG put in a bid on the land the jets want to use for their stadium and we wont even get into that. Its gonna get ugly.

mjwenz said:
Jacob Javits Center this year. Tickets are FREE! But you must arrive VERY early to get in. I may try to go this year.
Be there very early...like 230AM. I got there around 3 last year (we stayed at the bars basically all night me and a few friends) and by the time we got there @ 3 it was already a pretty big line. SOme of these nuts sleep there! I was like :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom