NFL Draft rumor? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft rumor?

DreamWeaver

Corporate Time-Stealin' Weasel
Reaction score
I heard this on ESPN radio yesterday....take it for what its worth.

The Niners are considering a possible trade with SD...the #1 overall straight up for Phillip Rivers. That would throw a huge monkey-wrench into the draft! I wonder how that would affect MIA's pick or trade options?

Yeah, this was posted last week. The 49ers said this weekend it is not true and they have not spoken with the Chargers.

man oh man, i hate it when 1,000 threads come up on the same issue. But maybe u never heard it, so i cant blame ya......yeah Rivers and the 12th, to the 49ers. I really disagree with this trade, Rivers is making 34 million on 4 years with the Chargers as a BACKUP. If i was him, id stay put. The Niners need a franchise QB, and Tim Rattay isnt so good. But this could be a good start for Rivers' career if he goes to San Fran.

Is it really necessary to mention that this thread has been posted before...if he wants to post it let him post it...im so sick of everyone jumping on people for the littlest things...its pretty pathetic and i will let everyone know if theres a ridiculous comment!!! enjoy your monday everybody

nydolfan1313 said:
Is it really necessary to mention that this thread has been posted before...if he wants to post it let him post it...im so sick of everyone jumping on people for the littlest things...its pretty pathetic and i will let everyone know if theres a ridiculous comment!!! enjoy your monday everybody
:shakeno: well you just do that

DreamWeaver said:
I heard this on ESPN radio yesterday....take it for what its worth.

The Niners are considering a possible trade with SD...the #1 overall straight up for Phillip Rivers. That would throw a huge monkey-wrench into the draft! I wonder how that would affect MIA's pick or trade options?

I'm just curious what San Diego would do with that? I don't imagine they would get a QB again, unless they just didn't like Rivers. They are pretty set at RB. Any other player they wanted, they could probably get at #12. Just wondering if anyone knew who they would want. It really shouldn't affect the Dolphins in this case.

It was one of those PFT rumors that grew legs.I find it hard to believe because of River's contract.

ItalianDolFan said:
man oh man, i hate it when 1,000 threads come up on the same issue. But maybe u never heard it, so i cant blame ya......yeah Rivers and the 12th, to the 49ers. I really disagree with this trade, Rivers is making 34 million on 4 years with the Chargers as a BACKUP. If i was him, id stay put. The Niners need a franchise QB, and Tim Rattay isnt so good. But this could be a good start for Rivers' career if he goes to San Fran.

That has been posted before! :wink:

I heard a rumor that RW wants to come back and that Saban is considering it. Any truth to this?

smaple said:
I'm just curious what San Diego would do with that? I don't imagine they would get a QB again, unless they just didn't like Rivers. They are pretty set at RB. Any other player they wanted, they could probably get at #12. Just wondering if anyone knew who they would want. It really shouldn't affect the Dolphins in this case.

BRAYLON EDWARDS!!!!!!

The Chargers have a good RuningBack and a few good QB's..Why would they want to move up all the way to the top???

BringBackShula said:
The Chargers have a good RuningBack and a few good QB's..Why would they want to move up all the way to the top???

Edwards or Williams. The Vikings and Bears will take them before they draft.

BringBackShula said:

they have a good RB, but their QBs are kinda on/off. Drew Brees had a breakout season, nobody is sure if thats gonna last. Phillip Rivers hasnt played much, so he hasnt proven much. But we dont know about Drew Brees yet.

Talking about QBs....u know who i REALLY want to see as a Dolphin? You know who i think can be a GREAT QB for Miami, and FINALLY bring us a good QB. He played for a crappy team and ALMOST got them to the playoffs. Now he is a backup, I DONT KNOW WHY. He is a damn good QB, has lots of potential, in his 9th year, and deserves a starting spot with someone, and I think Miami could use him. His name...Jon Kitna.

they seem to be moving up way too far if they want edwards...they could get edwards at 3 or 4

tucker said:
they seem to be moving up way too far if they want edwards...they could get edwards at 3 or 4

Disagree. He's a possibility for Miami at #2... and don't count out the possibility of someone else trading up to grab him. Just because the team slotted there doesn't look like they'll take him doesn't mean he won't be taken there (see: SD, Minn, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom