nfl draft rumors | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

Well again my buddy believes that most fans want Cam. According to what he's been hearing is that the coaching staff really likes both QBs.

i've heard rumors that rivera has made cams handlers aware he's their guy...not sure that i buy that he's made them aware already

It's definitely possible. Warren Moon has gone on record saying he's pretty sure the Panthers are sold on Cam.

The thing that for whatever reason people keep forgetting is that there's no need for games at the #1 overall. NOBODY trades up to the pick, especially in a year like this one where there's no quarterback consensus as the #1 overall (i.e. no Andrew Luck). So why the hell would the Panthers play games with people? Just to eff with the rest of the NFL? Now there's even less reason to play games than normal, because of the lockout. You can't play one prospect against the other by talking contracts with them like Miami did in 2008.

I would EXPECT that we start having an idea who the Panthers are settling on right about now, as their draft process is coming to a close and the pro days and visits are wrapping up. They still have another visit with Cam scheduled and I'd be willing to bet it's mostly a formality.

Also, been hearing that the Vikings like Locker and Ponder...but not at 12, want to trade down and be able to pick up one of those two guys later on in round 1. Vikings don't believe Locker or Ponder will be available at their pick in round 2. Another is that Redskins still enamored with Locker, could take him with 1st round pick, but also feel that Kaepernick would be a good value in round 2, allowing them to address other needs in round 1.

Just for the record: I was the first person - who I'm aware of - that suggested Newton to Carolina wouldn't be all that crazy.

Just for the record. And the gold star.

Anyway, I think if you're going to go QB at that spot, the guy has to have better production than Gabbert did. System this or that, Newton has ACED every test (he hasn't cheated on - jk jk) placed before him.

Gonna have to show a date on this one. Even before I did any research on Cam Newton, we're talking what had to be three or four motnhs ago, I wrote a big long post talking about how I am not looking forward to Draft season getting all hot and heavy because of how much controversy there is embedded in Cam Newton as a Draft prospect, given his legal history and what kind of player he is. And in that post I mentioned that he's probably going to get discussed in the mix for #1 overall.

And then of course, two months ago is when we wrote our Cam Newton piece for Dave Hyde's blog, and in that piece I wrote multiple times that we believe Cam Newton could and should go #1 overall to the Carolina Panthers.

i never said #1 with cam but i did say top 10 lock before the nat championship game after reviewing his games and i'm not sure anyone here agreed with me at the time...

supreme talent...

I'm looking at old posts and I've been saying since as early as December 11th that there isn't any way that Cam Newton makes it to wherever Miami picks.

That's really the complicating factor is how long since we actually even knew what the Draft order was, and how long since we knew Newton was coming out, and how long since we knew Andrew Luck was NOT coming out (that was the big shocker). There was never going to be any way that I could plug Newton as a serious possibility at #1 overall while I was under the confident belief that Luck was coming out!

My Lattest Miami Dolphins Mock Draft For Miami (if I were picking) Plan A & B
Plan A

Mark Ingram* RB Alabama
Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can acquire a 2nd round pick)
D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (Just 6'-2")
John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn
J.T. Thomas, OLB, West Virginia
Ryan Hill, Cornerback, Miami (Fla.)

Plan B

Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can trade down in the draft mid 20'-30)
Ryan Williams,RB(if we can get a 2nd round pick)
Colin Kaepernick, QB
Lance Kendricks,TE
Ricky Henry OG Nebraska
David Carter DT UCLA
Jordan Holmes OC Oregon
David Arkin OG Missouri State

Gonna have to show a date on this one. Even before I did any research on Cam Newton, we're talking what had to be three or four motnhs ago, I wrote a big long post talking about how I am not looking forward to Draft season getting all hot and heavy because of how much controversy there is embedded in Cam Newton as a Draft prospect, given his legal history and what kind of player he is. And in that post I mentioned that he's probably going to get discussed in the mix for #1 overall.

And then of course, two months ago is when we wrote our Cam Newton piece for Dave Hyde's blog, and in that piece I wrote multiple times that we believe Cam Newton could and should go #1 overall to the Carolina Panthers.

Give me a second. It was soon after Luck decided to go back to school, and I asked if it'd be that crazy if Newton went #1 since Carolina was considering Cam, and you said something to the extent of: "Yeah, it'd be pretty crazy."

I'll find it.

I'm really just messing around, but it did happen.

Give me a second. It was soon after Luck decided to go back to school, and I asked if it'd be that crazy if Newton went #1 since Carolina was considering Cam, and you said something to the extent of: "Yeah, it'd be pretty crazy."

I'll find it.

I'm really just messing around, but it did happen.

Actually I believe I said something like yeah it would be a little surprising but not shocking. Regardless I don't know anyone else that's got something in print two months ago saying Newton should go #1 overall and should be considered the favorite to do just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go:

If the Panthers were definitely going to take Luck, would it be shocking to see them take Newton if he impresses? I don't think so. Luck is the goods, but I really think Newton is too.

I think it would be a little shocking, yeah.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...n-to-work-out-February-10th-full-media-access

To my knowledge, I was the first (I'm sure there have been other people before - but of the people I've read or know about) who suggested it wouldn't be unlikely that he goes #1.

We're both somewhere between right in our recollection of the talk. You said a little shocking - which is pretty close to a little surprising.

I like how this thread has turned into who called Cam a top pick first....with a random mock draft thrown in for some reason.

But, who called the last pick in the draft this year??

Back
Top Bottom