nfl draft rumors | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

Carolina should've began looking at other positions with the #1 overall pick the minute Andrew Luck decided he was going back to Stanford.

None of these quarterbacks are worth the #1 overall pick, barely worth going in the 1st round at all. All of them are lacking in either one or more critical areas...

These quarterbacks have more red flags than Tiananmen Square..

I said Marcell Dareus was worthy of being the #1 overall pick last year during his junior season...that's the guy Carolina should be picking if they stay at #1..

Carolina should've began looking at other positions with the #1 overall pick the minute Andrew Luck decided he was going back to Stanford.

None of these quarterbacks are worth the #1 overall pick, barely worth going in the 1st round at all. All of them are lacking in either one or more critical areas...

These quarterbacks have more red flags than Tiananmen Square..

I said Marcell Dareus was worthy of being the #1 overall pick last year during his junior season...that's the guy Carolina should be picking if they stay at #1..

They're strongly considering both he and A.J. Green, to my knowledge. They haven't settled on Cam Newton yet and they most certainly opened it up to other positions when Andrew Luck went back to school. They went through a process and they appear to be settling on Cam Newton.

Oh and Patrick Peterson as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're strongly considering both he and A.J. Green, to my knowledge. They haven't settled on Cam Newton yet and they most certainly opened it up to other positions when Andrew Luck went back to school. They went through a process and they appear to be settling on Cam Newton.
If there was any doubt as to whether or not Cam Newton would succeed in the NFL, I think that him going to Carolina would answer that question for everyone: No. Carolina is absolutely horrible.

Whew... that's bold if they take Cam with the #1 overall pick. I don't agree with it and I think they'll regret it, but it's damn bold.

However, while I may not necessarily like the pick of Cam, I like the sentiment behind it...

That's a new regime coming in and basically saying, "I'm going to do this **** MY way... and I'm not afraid to fail"...

Carolina fans have to admire that regardless...

Whew... that's bold if they take Cam with the #1 overall pick. I don't agree with it and I think they'll regret it, but it's damn bold.

However, while I may not necessarily like the pick of Cam, I like the sentiment behind it...

That's a new regime coming in and basically saying, "I'm going to do this **** MY way... and I'm not afraid to fail"...

Carolina fans have to admire that regardless...

If you're going to be dumb you might as well be bold about it, that sort of thing? LOL.

Yeah I think they're taking a gamble but it's one you have to take if you don't want to wallow in mediocrity. You don't get to be a standout team in this league without a quarterback and/or without standout players. If Cam Newton pans out which is a legitimately large IF, though I don't agree with it being quite as monstrously-sized an IF as you do, then there's no two ways about it, if he pans out he's going to be a pretty damn impactful player.

IDK if anyone saw this:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17788712?source=most_emailed&nclick_check=1

bold statement to say that McNabb will be Vikings QB next year. Makes sense for them, they are a playoff contention team with a decent QB. They probably wouldn't take a QB in round 1 if that happened, but wouldn't be surprised if they looked at a QB in round 2, just in case McNabb doesn't go there.

Just heard that that mid level team that the Cowboys might trade with is the Rams, who are looking to jump up and grab either AJ Green or Julio Jones if one of them is there at 9. Doesn't think the Dolphins are the team because doubt that Cam or Gabbert would be there, plus lack of 2nd round hinders their trade options.

Both of those make a lot of sense.

Ryan Mallett is going to be there for the taking at #15. But will the Dolphins do it? I just don't know.

IDK if anyone saw this:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17788712?source=most_emailed&nclick_check=1

bold statement to say that McNabb will be Vikings QB next year. Makes sense for them, they are a playoff contention team with a decent QB. They probably wouldn't take a QB in round 1 if that happened, but wouldn't be surprised if they looked at a QB in round 2, just in case McNabb doesn't go there.

Just heard that that mid level team that the Cowboys might trade with is the Rams, who are looking to jump up and grab either AJ Green or Julio Jones if one of them is there at 9. Doesn't think the Dolphins are the team because doubt that Cam or Gabbert would be there, plus lack of 2nd round hinders their trade options.

well then minnesota is gonna fail again...mcnabb is toast...his legs are shot...spielman is trying to lose his job if you ask me if they go that route

the only thing about dallas moving down to #14 is you give detroit 1st dibs on tyron smith at #13...

You think the Lions would pass on Prince Amukamara to go with an OL? I guess it could happen but I'm not sure I see it. Jim Schwartz is one of those aggressive defensive coordinators that loves to blitz and send extra rushers, really pressure teams. ALL of those guys that love to do that, tend to collect cornerbacks and defensive backs like a hoarder with alzheimer's...because every reliable cover man you have multiplies what you're able to do with the rush.

You could be right about the Lions being onto someone at OL though.

You think the Lions would pass on Prince Amukamara to go with an OL? I guess it could happen but I'm not sure I see it. Jim Schwartz is one of those aggressive defensive coordinators that loves to blitz and send extra rushers, really pressure teams. ALL of those guys that love to do that, tend to collect cornerbacks and defensive backs like a hoarder with alzheimer's...because every reliable cover man you have multiplies what you're able to do with the rush.

You could be right about the Lions being onto someone at OL though.

no i don't...i was assuming prince was aleady gone at #13...if he's there he's the pick...if not though and dallas trades back the lions get first dibs at smith...imo detroit is cb or ot if prince or smith are there

I tend to think that Schwartz would prefer to pair up the Boston College boys, Anthony Castonzo at LT and Gosder Cherilus at RT...in that scenario.

honestly ck...if you ask me if i'm dallas if prince was there at #9 i'd stay there and take him and then look for a right tackle in the 2nd round...dallas has no bigger need than immediate secondary help and you tell me whats deeper...this ot class with right tackle capabilities or the corner class...you can get a right tackle that can play right now for you early in round 2 imo but i think its a whole lot harder to find a starting cb there...doug free was pretty darn good to my eyes on the left side last year

but everything i've seen says that dallas prefers an ot over prince...either smith or carimi but my understanding is smith has jumped to the top of the list after his pro day...

I tend to think that Schwartz would prefer to pair up the Boston College boys, Anthony Castonzo at LT and Gosder Cherilus at RT...in that scenario.

i could see that also but after smiths pro day i would take him over costanzo if i was detroit...even still though dallas would be letting someone else dictate preference of player...

as for cherilus imo he's been an underachiever his whole career and he is coming off of off season microfracture surgery

Back
Top Bottom