NFL Draft Value Chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Value Chart

cheers 954.

It is interesting.

Does anyone know how you can rate players? ie Wally

Ouch. I guess we wont have much of a shot at moving up to #4 or 5. Unless a pro bowl DE is worth 1000+ pts. Not likely but also not probable.

Originally posted by finsnchips
cheers 954.

It is interesting.

Does anyone know how you can rate players? ie Wally
I don't know how you would factor in a player
s value. That would've been helpful though.

ETA: Try http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfldraft.html..that's what I got when I searched on yahoo.com...I can't view it now because that site is blocked here at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
All thinking the same thing. I would love to trade wally and our #1 for Taylor. We would just be renting wally for a year anyway and SD needs a rusher. I also found out when Bulter (the last GM for SD) left Buffalo he took his head scout with him. They have very similar strategies. Said scout is now the GM (sounds like a spielaman like situation). I guess both he and Butler frequently traded down on or before draft day. I could see them trading down twice based on what I have heard about the GM.

Draft Value Chart is an interesting read, thanks for the post Dolfan 954. I am going to have to disagree about trading up for Sean Taylor. I agree he is a great safety, but that is not the type of impact position I would be willing to trade up for. I would rather trade down and grab a guard and dt or wr or mlb (based on who is the BPA at that pick) with that second pick.

Originally posted by MarinoIsGod
Draft Value Chart is an interesting read, thanks for the post Dolfan 954. I am going to have to disagree about trading up for Sean Taylor. I agree he is a great safety, but that is not the type of impact position I would be willing to trade up for. I would rather trade down and grab a guard and dt or wr or mlb (based on who is the BPA at that pick) with that second pick.

He is the best player in a stacked draft and said to be the best DB out of Miami ever. He would have a huge impact as the towel boy.

It should be remembered that the chart is reflecting relative value of an "unproven" player taken at one point versus the value of an "unproven" player at another spot. Once a player has proven himself, which is always subjective depending on who's judging and how bad their need is, it becomes a different question. The better question becomes "How many picks at what levels would I need to have a reasonably successful chance of getting a player who will prove himself as the player in question has". Unproven refering to NFL.

I'd move up for a guy like Gallery or one of the top 2 QB but not for a safety even tho I love the canes and Taylor.Even trading Ogun for Taylor I'd have to think about it but I'd probably do that considering that we'd still have the 20th pick. But our all pro DE plus our first round pick? No way.

Ozzy rules!!

I would trade Wale #20 for Gallery.

I might even make that trade for Manning if I had good reason to believe that Wale would hold out 10 games and then leave next season.

Nobody else is worth that price to us, even if Taylor is better than Roy Williams (which is doubtful from what I have heard).

He is the best player in a stacked draft and said to be the best DB out of Miami ever. He would have a huge impact as the towel boy.

I am not diminishing him as a player, he is not the type of position player teams trade up for. Safety is not a true impact position player.

Back
Top Bottom