NFL Europe - We Made A Mistake? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Europe - We Made A Mistake?

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Ok, the idea for NFL Europe, give young players a chance to shine or indeed give returning players a chance to get loose for the new season ahead. So with that in mind i thought we should have alloctaed AJ to Europe.

It gives him the chance to lead a team to glory and learn a hell of alot in a quick 10 game season. Then he comes back to us, a little beat up im sure, but the experience he has picked up is so key.

Just wanna know what you reckon. Prob a stupid idea im sure but lets face it AJ needs some match experience, but pre season dosent quite cut it....

He would probably wear down by the end of the NFL season and the experiences in NFL Europe is alot different than the NFL. (Just ask MVP Rohan Davey.)

The risk of having AJ get hurt is to great. Plus he'd be playing against alot lower competition and having to learn a new playbook. Its just not worth it

yeah...we never send over 1st or even 2nd stringers..they are to busy at the training camps

I dont think that Feeley can even go to Europe. I believe that the players who doesnt get to play alot gets to go to Europe.

Fair comments and i agree. So what you reckon about Sage going over then, should he have been allocated for a Europe team this season?

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Fair comments and i agree. So what you reckon about Sage going over then, should he have been allocated for a Europe team this season?

I would love to see Sage go over there, i really think that he would tear the place up.

Jason Taylor 99 said:
... So with that in mind i thought we should have alloctaed AJ to Europe.

It gives him the chance to lead a team to glory and learn a hell of alot in a quick 10 game season. Then he comes back to us, a little beat up im sure, but the experience he has picked up is so key...
Not a chance...it's more important that he learn this new offense in order to lead it and continue to develop experience with Chambers and the receiving corps.

An off-season of running plays against an aggressive Dolphins defense will be much more valuable to Feeley than anything he would see in NFLE.

NFLE is very poor.

AJ would light it up... like McPherson did in the Arena League, and Manning did in the NFL, seriously!

yeah if Rohan Davey can throw like 22 Td in Europe and Storener he thre like 12 or something but still.. AJ would throw around 30 or so in NFL europe cuz they terrible over there(they aint NFL calibur unless they phenominal in NFL europe league).As for Sage i dont think your allowed to Allocate him now, but i would like to see Sage over there now that we got Frerotte...

If A.J. went to Europe, he'd be the MVP before the season ever started.

Lets send Chris Chambers to NFL Europe so he can tear it up...lol

we dont send our starters there...

His time will be better spent with Linehan and his playbook. Believe me.

NFLE is an ok league , about 25% as strong as the NFL itself IMO but has unearthed some stars that otherwise wouldve gone unnoticed - Joe Andruzzi & Dante Hall are just 2 found by the non sadlt dead Claymores.

Kinda hard to get excited about something when your hometown team is no more , so I can understand the reluctance of the US public to get behind the league as the teams mean nothing to you guys.

Still think we should have a World League with smaller teams in smaller markets in the US , one in the UK , 2 in Germany , one in Mexico , Canada and Japan. Might get the interest in the league back up.

And we shouldve send Sage over :)

AJ should be spending lots of time with Linehan learning this play book, instead of partying all over the place with his gorgeous gf. I cant blame the guy for wanting to spend some time with her, but if its true what they say about him not being too bright, and having Frerotte here who knows the system, why isnt he doing something to give him an edge when the pre-season starts?

Back
Top Bottom