NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL exec: Tua Tagovailoa won't hold up behind Dolphins offensive line

Wish Kiko had hit Josh Allen on that last drive in Buffalo, instead of Elandon Roberts who graciously tried to keep Allen from falling.

What a shame Allen wasn't left bloodied instead so the 15 yard penalty would've been justified.

I certainly wouldn't play fair against Buffalo at this point. If your unsure, err on the side of making the penalty worth it, especially if its early in the game.

This UDFA Aubrey Miller might be the right kind of player for me.
I agree w the premise - “if you’re going to get a flag, make the infraction count”. Especially now w the ridiculous roughing calls like the one on Phillips tackling Herbert or Grady Jarrett on Brady - you’re gonna get called so hit them as hard as you can, drive them to the turf like you would a RB or WR. Not advocating cheap shots - just not “letting up” to avoid the penalty. Remember the DE we had - Hayes - a few seasons back he sacked a QB, tried not to land on him with his weight and in doing so, twisted his own knee and tore it - career over. Just blast the QB like you’ve been doing since pop Warner. It’s unnatural to “hold up” and it makes for terrible football

PS - IIR, Hayes got flagged anyway. Insult to injury - literally

I would love to know who this "NFL Executive" is and see what kind of offensive lines he has put together.

Sounds like he must be really good at it.

Facts:

- Tua makes the line look better.
- Tua needs to watch old Drew Brees video on what to do when a 265lb dude is coming for you ( throw ball away or lay down and pee a little to present as submissive). Staying healthy is more important than any single down.
- F the Pats*
- McCoach will coach better this year and no more late play calls.
- Jets fans eat out of dumpsters and inbreed.

And I agree with you 100%. We need to upgrade LG and we may or may not need to upgrade RT depending on how they see Austin Jackson because they have FAR more data to suggest if he's good enough or not than we do because they had all the practices that we can't watch, and we couldn't really get any games.

But the thing that annoys me obviously is the idea that the Oline is what got Tua hurt last year and if we don't improve it that it will happen again. It's bullshit.

We need to upgrade the Oline to be a more consistent offense. That's it. And yes, we just need "average" since we are very much above average at 3 other positions on the line already, but you can find "average" in the 2nd wave of free agency after June 1st when we get money. Just get an ok solid veteran or two or even a young undrafted guy that turns out to be a Kohou. It's just mind-numbing to read the same "OMG FIRE GRIER" stuff over and over again because he didn't draft an offensive lineman and that must mean we can't possibly upgrade those two positions.

It’s almost June. The chance to upgrade was in march through April. We chose to pass and now have a below average unit with 3 injury prone players. Our backups are Feeney, lamm, Roberts, and a rookie 7th rounder!!! That’s a sound business plan to protect a somewhat injury prone qb? No it isn’t and that’s why people are rightfully concerned, and that’s why people are questioning Grier.

This “plan” to protect Tua backfires as many are predicting and someone’s getting fired. Can you honestly say it wouldn’t be over due and justified?

It’s almost June. The chance to upgrade was in march through April. We chose to pass and now have a below average unit with 3 injury prone players. Our backups are Feeney, lamm, Roberts, and a rookie 7th rounder!!! That’s a sound business plan to protect a somewhat injury prone qb? No it isn’t and that’s why people are rightfully concerned, and that’s why people are questioning Grier.

This “plan” to protect Tua backfires as many are predicting and someone’s getting fired. Can you honestly say it wouldn’t be over due and justified?
If it wasn't the Oline the Grier whiners would have just picked something else to whine about.

Hell, they used TE as if it made any sense.

I have to ask, why would you care where someone is listed on an off-season depth chart? I mean it's not like it's acquiring TA, or some other perennial pro bowl player.
Previous coaching regimes have been hard-headed and continued to insist that players which previously performed poorly would improve the following season. Seeing Feeney listed at the top of the first depth chart would tell me that they aren't continuing to think Liam eichenberg is the answer. Does it mean anything in the big picture? Maybe not. But as a fan, it would give me hope that last year's failures haven't gone unnoticed.

If it wasn't the Oline the Grier whiners would have just picked something else to whine about.

Hell, they used TE as if it made any sense.
Is your response any different than the Grier whiners? Both are deflecting and moving away for the topic.

I’ll ask again, is the current construction if the oline acceptable? Remember we have 3 guys who have missed significant time and virtually no depth. Should or shouldn’t Grier merit some criticism for the current state of one of the most important position groups in football?

Also you are correct that the oline wasn’t directly responsible for Tua getting injured. However that has not always been the case and we currently have 2 Jesse Davis quality players in the oline right now.

Fun fact #3: Tua has never made it through any season uninjured including when he played behind the awesome Alabama OL.
Was it really awesome though? Not a lot of solid pros right now from those olines.

Is your response any different than the Grier whiners? Both are deflecting and moving away for the topic.

I’ll ask again, is the current construction if the oline acceptable? Remember we have 3 guys who have missed significant time and virtually no depth. Should or shouldn’t Grier merit some criticism for the current state of one of the most important position groups in football?

Also you are correct that the oline wasn’t directly responsible for Tua getting injured. However that has not always been the case and we currently have 2 Jesse Davis quality players in the oline right now.

Grier is accountable for all personnel decisions so he merits both criticism and praise.

If rating (Acceptable/Questionable/Unacceptable) position groups:

—QB—Acceptable
—RB—Acceptable
—WR—Acceptable
—TE—Acceptable
—OL—Questionable
—DL—Acceptable
—LB—Acceptable
—CB/S—Acceptable

OL would unacceptable’ by start of season if FA (Fleming, Risner, Fant, potential other) not added by start of season.

Grier is accountable for all personnel decisions so he merits both criticism and praise.

If rating (Acceptable/Questionable/Unacceptable) position groups:

—QB—Acceptable
—RB—Acceptable
—WR—Acceptable
—TE—Acceptable
—OL—Questionable
—DL—Acceptable
—LB—Acceptable
—CB/S—Acceptable

OL would unacceptable’ by start of season if FA (Fleming, Risner, Fant, potential other) not added by start of season.

OL is not “questionable” it’s unacceptable! If it fails It would undo all the other successes he’s had at the other position groups. So it’s hard to praise him when he whiffed on the second most important position group in football.

Back
Top Bottom