NFL head coaches and executives rank QB’s | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL head coaches and executives rank QB’s

yes but u know and i know the defense win all most 70% of games..so does everybody else..gives x credit too.. he win somes games also...flo play the games so his defense would win games.. this yr is new yr.. let see how tua play..tua didnt win all off them games by his self...
It's a team sport, so all of the QBs on that list have benefitted from their teams defense and special teams. Miami allocated the majority of their resources on the defense during the initial tear down so yeah the defense is better than the offense that's to be expected .

I get the whole "unproven" situation since the team's entire offense was putrid, however there have been games where Tua has stepped up, won and proven his abilities. Also as others have mentiond how are Lawrence and Fields ahead of Tua, that's plain stupid if you ask me.

Hopefully this year Tua, shuts up all the naysayers including some of the Dolphin "fans".
It's just the narrative. The wider NFL commentary is merely following the trend of downplaying Tua. He hasn't been as good as Burrow or Herbert into date so he's treated like a bust. I shudder to think of the reaction if he'd performed at a similar level to Fields, Lawrence or Wilson.

Take a look at the COVID inactive list for that game. He was playing with the 2nd team.

Violin Player GIF

It's a team sport, so all of the QBs on that list have benefitted from their teams defense and special teams. Miami allocated the majority of their resources on the defense during the initial tear down so yeah the defense is better than the offense that's to be expected .

Someone also introduce him to the salary cap can’t just add it doesn’t work that way

Everyone knows I’ve been highly critical and skeptical of Tua but after watching some of his tape this week again I do think his arm strength is perfectly ok.

His athleticism is also solid, he just needs to tighten up his decision making. He makes some head scratching mistakes at times that are really hard to understand.

I'm not arguing TT vs any other QB. I'm only saying evaluating a QB without adjusting for surrounding talent is a failed evaluation.
Thus, move Lawrence to KC and Mahommes to Jax in '21 and convince me the rankings wouldn't have changed at all. They WOULD change. That was my only point.
Clearly, there are better and worse QBs. No one denies that. Marino never won a SB. Dilfer did. Now, I've never seen anyone rank Marino below Dilfer, but it illustrates "surrounding talent." And to be fair, you agree with that.

That's entirely fair, i don't disagree in that context.

OTOH, take Mahommes and TT. Before I start, I'm NOT equating Mahommes and TT as equals.
Here is my point. Mahommes' receivers have average separation on 10yds (I made that up). TT's receiver's have 1 yd separation (I made that up too). For both to achieve 60% completion rate, accuracy has to be a factor.
Personally, I think mental quickness and quick release are as important as accuracy and arm strength.

Ive often said here that people mix up being an accurate QB and a cerebral QB.

That's one of my biggest issues with Tua actually, he's accurate but he's not very impressive pre-snap in my opinion. At least at this point, and that impacts what happens after the snap.

Back
Top Bottom