NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls

That won’t deter them either. Suspending Belichick a year will.

They would never do that.
The fear that he would just use the opportunity to retire and never come back is a real possibility.

They would never do that.
The fear that he would just use the opportunity to retire and never come back is a real possibility.
I don't think Goodell would do it not because Belicheat would come back. It's more about "game integrity ".

All I'll say is no one is caught every time they cheat...how many teams have been caught how many times in the last ten years.??.

Exactly. The punishment has to fit the crime. What do the Pats care about a pick or two? And any financial punishment is pocket change to them.

The last time they got caught the punishmet did not fit the crime. They should have vacated Pats wins back then and maybe gave them a year playoff time out. It was well worth the effort to cheat and was another sweet treat to do it again.

The appropriate punishment is similar to how it's done in College Football. The offending team is banned from the postseason.

Thoughts on the video?..........

there was a different article on NFL.com, was thinking it was that one. But when explaining the cameraman said "its the same thing ive been doing for 18 years" like really wtf you are a dumbass

If they're cheating in games vs the Bengals, you can be sure as hell that 1) They flat out do it for every game and 2) This is just the tip of the iceberg.

For what its worth I just heard that they are looking at losing at least one draft pick and upper level management punishments as well.

Heard this on CBS Sports.
It's not worth much. Microscopic potatoes compared to 6 SB titles. If you're the kind of person who can cheat and be okay with it, you're never going to stop at a rate of just 2 first rounders and a bargain basement cost of a million and a half in fines every 20 years or so. Until a real punishment that erases the dirty titles and revenue gained happens, the cheat goes on. Expect it.
With captain handjob's son learning ownership and now bill bellycheat's mullet-ridden crotch goblin slithering around the sidelines, there's a solid chance this lasts another 20-30 years. It's really why I am a lot less connected to the NFL than I once was. Competition is just not interesting with the deck stacked. I'd love to see a strong commissioner come in sometime soon.

Thoughts on the video?..........
My thoughts are as follows:

I have lost some respect for Howie Long. He said there's no way the guy would do something nefarious while wearing a Patriots' jersey. Well, that's not what he was wearing.

Strahan looks like he wants to suit up and go beat their Spygating asses in the Superbowl...AGAIN. Nice he was at least able to speak before goodell's moratorium on Spygate II comes down like it did after Spygate I.

Terry Bradshaw says he "can't imagine" they would do something like this. I have seen these guys on Fox a few times over the years and I bet there's a lot Terry can't imagine. I don't know if it's charitable or cruel of the network to leave him on the air making a fool of himself after so many hard hits taken for the entertainment aspect of the game.

JJ defends it this time saying they wouldn't do it. Last time he said everyone does it. Stick to one lie, dirt hole.

Last edited:
The powers that be want this to be a non-story so bad. Fans won't, and shouldn't, let it die. It's not just that its one more (potential) episode of cheating for an organization that just can't stop, it's that it hurts the integrity of the game to not punish the organization that has dominated for nearly twenty years despite repeated, and I mean repeated, infractions.

Those with any intelligence knew that in delfategate, the punishment far outweighed the crime. They weren't just being punished for that infraction, it was the NFL coming back after letting them off easy in the past. That should have been the Pat's signal to stop.
You know the deflating probably, or at least very possibly started most likely in '06 when brady solicited the league to allow them to bring their own footballs, right? A 9-year advantage vs. a 4 game suspension and a traffic ticket fine might be somewhat attractive to a team lacking integrity. In any event, hopefully you didn't intend that the way it might appear, but those who see the punishment vs the crime differently than you don't necessarily lack intelligence, they just don't agree with you.

Last edited:
That won’t deter them either. Suspending Belichick a year will.
As long as it they lose all their draft picks for the following year, because if they go 0-16 because of this suspension they immediately have the Brady successor they desperately need, and the cheats win again.

You know the deflating probably, or at least very possibly started most likely in '06 when brady solicited the league to allow them to bring their own footballs, right? A 9-year advantage vs. a 4 game suspension and a traffic ticket fine might be somewhat attractive to a team lacking integrity. In any event, hopefully you didn't intend that the way it might appear, but those who see the punishment vs the crime differently than you don't necessarily lack intelligence, they just don't agree with you.

It was slightly deflated footballs. Not that big of a deal.

It was slightly deflated footballs. Not that big of a deal.
Your opinion and that's fine. Some might ask, why take the risk of doing it if it doesn't slant the game at least a reasonable amount in your favor? Also, I think a lot of people don't realize that it probably benefits the running backs as well, for holding onto the ball. Ask Benjarvis Green Ellis. Kind of a fumble-prone back after his years in NE. No fumbles for 4 years then 2 and 3 in the 2 years after. Not enough data for a conclusion maybe, but it makes some people wonder. If it was simply better coaching, why did he revert to fumbling the year after leaving? He unlearned everything the magical wizard bellycheat taught him about ball security in a few months? But it must have benefitted brady mostly, because why else was he in on the conversations with McNally and desperately destroying evidence? A 4 game suspension for very possibly 9 years of "slightly" cheating (after a previous major cheating scandal) is a fairly benign punishment IMO.
But if you believe spying is bigger I do agree to that. I think spying is a huge deal. I suppose a person could say they were only slightly illegally recorded signals though.;)

Last edited:
Punishment was handed out. Brees got to pass Peyton’s TD record before Brady. Probably all we will see. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom