NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL investigating Patriots for filming Bengals playcalls

Punishment was handed out. Brees got to pass Peyton’s TD record before Brady. Probably all we will see. Lol.
Yes I just watched it. Very enjoyable. I always love watching Brees stand on his toes and tilting his head up so he can see over the linemen. Kind of hilarious!

Classless move by Booger McFarland saying he thinks brady is better on Brees' night, unfortunately. Especially when he is so wrong. Kind of proves a point when you have to listen to this rhetoric when Brees has fewer years starting, holds the career yardage, accuracy and now TD records, and challenges defenses downfield more than brady so it's not like he dinked and dunked his way to these accomplishments. Oh, and as far as we know, brady has cheated for at least 40% of his career and very probably 100%, so there's that minor detail that far too many people conveniently ignore.

But brady's taller and therefore looks more like the typical QB, so I'll give him the edge there.:chuckle:

NFL is a entertainment business. It’s interesting how these milestone games always occur in limelight on prime time. Schedule makers probably figured how many TD’s a game on average Brees throws and then figured when he would surpass Peyton. Boom schedule a Monday night game for Saints at home.

When I saw all the situational factors for the game I laid my money on the Saints and was rewarded by the NFL script.

Your opinion and that's fine. Some might ask, why take the risk of doing it if it doesn't slant the game at least a reasonable amount in your favor? Also, I think a lot of people don't realize that it probably benefits the running backs as well, for holding onto the ball. Ask Benjarvis Green Ellis. Kind of a fumble-prone back after his years in NE. No fumbles for 4 years then 2 and 3 in the 2 years after. Not enough data for a conclusion maybe, but it makes some people wonder. If it was simply better coaching, why did he revert to fumbling the year after leaving? He unlearned everything the magical wizard bellycheat taught him about ball security in a few months? But it must have benefitted brady mostly, because why else was he in on the conversations with McNally and desperately destroying evidence? A 4 game suspension for very possibly 9 years of "slightly" cheating (after a previous major cheating scandal) is a fairly benign punishment IMO.
But if you believe spying is bigger I do agree to that. I think spying is a huge deal. I suppose a person could say they were only slightly illegally recorded signals though.;)

Pretty interesting that the Patriots were at the top of the league for least fumbles in the years leading up to deflate gate. 1-5 for many years leading up to scandal. After Scandal and Super Bowl win they dropped into the 20’s the following year without the deflated balls.

Pretty interesting that the Patriots were at the top of the league for least fumbles in the years leading up to deflate gate. 1-5 for many years leading up to scandal. After Scandal and Super Bowl win they dropped into the 20’s the following year without the deflated balls.
Yup, the deflated balls most probably helped. I don't think they continued to deflate because it was probably checked. It's something that opposing teams can check themselves with a gauge on the field even if the NFL were to turn a blind eye, like they have since 2007 with the continued signal stealing.

NFL is a entertainment business. It’s interesting how these milestone games always occur in limelight on prime time. Schedule makers probably figured how many TD’s a game on average Brees throws and then figured when he would surpass Peyton. Boom schedule a Monday night game for Saints at home.

When I saw all the situational factors for the game I laid my money on the Saints and was rewarded by the NFL script.
The NFL really is more WWE than competitive sport to me, for about the past 10 years.

Havent heard anything for a while, has it been conveniently swept under the rug?

Havent heard anything for a while, has it been conveniently swept under the rug?
They are not going to address that before the playoffs. They'll wait until after the Super Bowl and sometime at the end in February there will be a sidenote "an extensive investigation by the NFL confirmed that the Patriots did nothing wrong. For the false accusation by the Browns staff New England will receive Cleveland's first round pick as a compensation for punitive damages."

The NFL leaks no evidence linking coaches to filming 1 day before stating they are going to punish the pats for cheating again. Without doubt this will be a small slap on the wrist...again...and the cheating will continue...that's cool I guess???

So Adam Schefter says the league will hand down some sort of punishment to the Patriots within 2 weeks. I am wondering what the appropriate punishment would be at this point for that organization.

Punishment for Spy Gate 1:
$500k Fine for Belichick
$250k Fine for Patrioits
Loss of First Round Pick

I doubt that it was be less than that this time around given that this is the second time around. Also at a minimum, I would hope they vacate 100 wins from Belichick's coaching record along with a suspension.

So Adam Schefter says the league will hand down some sort of punishment to the Patriots within 2 weeks. I am wondering what the appropriate punishment would be at this point for that organization.

Punishment for Spy Gate 1:
$500k Fine for Belichick
$250k Fine for Patrioits
Loss of First Round Pick

I doubt that it was be less than that this time around given that this is the second time around. Also at a minimum, I would hope they vacate 100 wins from Belichick's coaching record along with a suspension.

Based on the report that they couldn't link the football operation to the violation, Belichick will be untouched...maybe fine Kraft/Patriots, but I can't see them taking a draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom