NFL Limiting Toradol | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Limiting Toradol

Toradol is a very strong NSAID pain reliever, like ibuprofen or Naproxen (aleve)- but stronger and longer lasting. On the good side it's effective, non sedating, and non addictive. It's also anti-inflammatory which helps with some degree of healing from chronic joint and back conditions. On the bad side there can be long term renal (kidney) effects, and shorter term GI bleeding problems. Cannabis is not really a direct competitor with Torodao - for most uses and people. (If it is in a specific case, then I say use it, of course. I'm a proponent of legal cannabis use, FWIW).

The hypothetical theoretical real answer is that players shouldn't play when in such pain to need strong pain relievers. But that would end the career of lot's of veterans. It's probably unrealistic. Pro football is a really tough sport.

Blame society/the government for that one. I have chronic nerve pain and was put on opiates for years.

Even back around 2010 (and beyond) I could walk into the local NIH clinic and get them handed to me like candy. They'd literally just ask me if I wanted hydro or oxy and how much.

I started dealing w a lot of side effects from chronic long term use and became very addicted. The withdrawal was terrible.

Now I have my legal marijuana card, and am able to buy strains that specifically help the most with my symptoms. I'm in less pain than my opiate days and I could quit tomorrow with very minor discomfort if I cared to. And the stuff I'm smoking has quality control, unlike what u buy from ur friendly local drug dealer.

The fact our country still has a drug with so many valuable medicinal uses and limited downsides (compared to many legal drugs) listed as a schedule 1 drug is an embarrassment.

Schedule 1 drugs are explicitly stated to have zero medicinal value and include drugs like heroine. Even cocaine and ****ing crystal meth are schedule 2.

Excuse me for the rant, but the societal misconceptions and government policies in the US toward many drugs hurt a lot of people. We are so backwards here.
Can you get CBD oil?

I don't mind the rant. I'm glad you found your relief. The only statement I don't agree with is blame society. I'm not going into it but the 'war on weed' is easily researched and identifies who has benefited over the decades and who currently benefits. It's not society.

Would it be Big pharma? /s?

I've been given Torodol.

Migraines run in my family-- extreme pain, vomiting, hyper-sensitivity to light and sound, and sometimes they get so bad, doctors will give you torodol or morphine to just knock you out.

There were times, I thanked God for the stuff... that said, I don't know how anyone could function on it, I certainly never could. Maybe they get less... but it is a HELL of a pain killer.
Toradol never made me tired or sleepy.
I have gout and until I got it corralled, I was in bad pain when it flared up. Before I knew I had gout, I had pain in my foot and big toe. Pain was so bad I could not let the bed sheets even touch it. Could barely wear a shoe.
I went to a 24 hour clinic and the Dr gave me a shot of toradol in the rear end. Big shot, big needle. By the next day I was in no more pain. It was like a miracle.
My wife suffers from migraines and I can feel ya buddy.

I've been given Torodol.

Migraines run in my family-- extreme pain, vomiting, hyper-sensitivity to light and sound, and sometimes they get so bad, doctors will give you torodol or morphine to just knock you out.

There were times, I thanked God for the stuff... that said, I don't know how anyone could function on it, I certainly never could. Maybe they get less... but it is a HELL of a pain killer.
I’m a migraine guy too. Not extreme as yours but possibly more frequent. I’ve never tried Torodol that I can recall. Fiorocet is pretty good but I’m concerned that my dosing might need to increase. Long story but I’m supposed to not have too many NSAID’s because of GI issues.

Toradol is a very strong NSAID pain reliever, like ibuprofen or Naproxen (aleve)- but stronger and longer lasting. On the good side it's effective, non sedating, and non addictive. It's also anti-inflammatory which helps with some degree of healing from chronic joint and back conditions. On the bad side there can be long term renal (kidney) effects, and shorter term GI bleeding problems. Cannabis is not really a direct competitor with Torodao - for most uses and people. (If it is in a specific case, then I say use it, of course. I'm a proponent of legal cannabis use, FWIW).

The hypothetical theoretical real answer is that players shouldn't play when in such pain to need strong pain relievers. But that would end the career of lot's of veterans. It's probably unrealistic. Pro football is a really tough sport.
Does cannabis help with migraines or other pain effectively?

Opiods are one of the all time fiascos foisted on society. Future generations will probably look back at this era as barbaric, kind of like the way we look at the past and wonder how on earth “separate but equal” was ever a thing. Sadly, big Pharma has been enabled to blame victims who often aren’t the brightest or most educated.

I’m a migraine guy too. Not extreme as yours but possibly more frequent. I’ve never tried Torodol that I can recall. Fiorocet is pretty good but I’m concerned that my dosing might need to increase. Long story but I’m supposed to not have too many NSAID’s because of GI issues.
As I aged, my migraines became MUCH less frequent. I used to lose a day of work about once per month... back in the day, some of the meds were nearly useless... but now, I have not had a bad one in a couple of years. This was my mother's history as well.

Stay positive and we will hope it is the same for you!

Just search the late great Geno Hayes for information on NSAID use. This is horrible for these guys they should be allowed to use marijuana for their aches and pains

I've been given Torodol.

Yea, people who have Chiari that suffer from severe headaches/migraines take torodol. What's nuts is the small amount that get no relief from their headaches with Torodol.

Last edited:

Opiods are one of the all time fiascos foisted on society. Future generations will probably look back at this era as barbaric, kind of like the way we look at the past and wonder how on earth “separate but equal” was ever a thing. Sadly, big Pharma has been enabled to blame victims who often aren’t the brightest or most educated.
Cannabis does help some. But it seems not so much for pain. For me it works best for things like stomach ache or nausea.
As I aged, my migraines became MUCH less frequent. I used to lose a day of work about once per month... back in the day, some of the meds were nearly useless... but now, I have not had a bad one in a couple of years. This was my mother's history as well.

My wife unlike most started with migraines later in life. She is still suffering occasionally at 60. But she takes a drug that is supposed to help prevent them and it seems to work.
Just search the late great Geno Hayes for information on NSAID use. This is horrible for these guys they should be allowed to use marijuana for their aches and pains
NSAID's are very common. Advil and Motrin are NSAID's. And they do work. IMO they work better for pain. Better than cannabis. Cannabis has its role as well.

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

I was in a car accident when I was 16 and had constant bad migraines for a year. Before my smoking days, so I can't tell u.

It helps w my current headaches, but they aren't migraines. Def not the same.

Those things can hit u like a brick and be so overwhelming. I tried a bunch of things (not tramadol) and nothing made a dent. GL man.

And yeah, **** big pharma

Back
Top Bottom