NFL Limiting Toradol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Limiting Toradol

Does cannabis help with migraines or other pain effectively?

Opiods are one of the all time fiascos foisted on society. Future generations will probably look back at this era as barbaric, kind of like the way we look at the past and wonder how on earth “separate but equal” was ever a thing. Sadly, big Pharma has been enabled to blame victims who often aren’t the brightest or most educated.
2 overall points - 1. Not enough good double blinded , placebo controlled testing on Cannabis/THC has been done. But they're coming as it becomes more legal and accepted. 2. Individual results for pain, especially chronic pain, vary greatly.
Cannabis/THC is pretty weak in relieving acute pain, and the acute pain component of chronic pain. But chronic pain has so many layers up and beyond the literal pain sensation. They have a good to great effect on the stress, mood, and how the person perceives the pain that it's feeling. They're very useful in nerve mediated chronic pain and cancer pains, as these create complex, multi-layered situations.

Migraines are very YMMV. There's so much variation on what works for who.

2 overall points - 1. Not enough good double blinded , placebo controlled testing on Cannabis/THC has been done. But they're coming as it becomes more legal and accepted. 2. Individual results for pain, especially chronic pain, vary greatly.
Cannabis/THC is pretty weak in relieving acute pain, and the acute pain component of chronic pain. But chronic pain has so many layers up and beyond the literal pain sensation. They have a good to great effect on the stress, mood, and how the person perceives the pain that it's feeling. They're very useful in nerve mediated chronic pain and cancer pains, as these create complex, multi-layered situations.

I can only speak from personal experience, but a neighbor's edibles have improved my sleep habits approximately 10,000 percent.

Toradol is some very harsh medicine, it literally wreaks havoc on your liver and kidneys and causes gastrointestinal bleeding in varying degrees.

In many cases Opioids are far safer for your vital organs that NSAIDS are. The biggest health risk with opioids is addiction and overdose, if that can be managed it is generally much more effective pain management.

Perhaps cannabis develops into a better solution than opioids are while still providing better pain management without massive risks to vital organs.

At any rate, I am happy to see Toradol administration being reduced by the league.

Last edited:
Ricky Williams was ahead of his time.
Nah......We been smokin since junior high. Thomas Jefferson to be exact. On the catwalk we smoked before school and at night. Usually with a quart of Colt 45 purchased by the guy that looked cool enough to ask.
Toradol is some very harsh medicine, it literally wreaks havoc on your liver and kidneys and causes gastrointestinal bleeding in varying degrees.

In many cases Opioids are far safer for your vital organs that NSAIDS are. The biggest health risk with opioids is addiction and overdose, if that can be managed it is generally much more effective pain management.

Perhaps cannabis develops into a better solution than opioids are while still providing better pain management without massive risks to vital organs.

At any rate, I am happy to see Toradol administration being reduced by the league.
If they would get their **** together they would find that opioids and cannabis together are what really works well. Should you smoke and be in pain management, your not going to be there very long.

For the non-medical soapbox members here, toradol very ****ing mild. If you abuse anything, then anything can become a problem. Hell, drink too much water and see what happens. I’ve seen patients get GI bleeds from taking baby aspirin. To say toradol is strong or powerful clearly shows that you have never given it to anyone. Hell, I would much rather have precedex prescribed to one of my patients than that garbage. Toradol is so ****ing mild it should be “OTC”. People should look up the long term effects of marijuana. There are studies that link the early onset of dementia to marijuana use. Just goes to show that if you abuse anything then you will **** yourself up.

Botox helps with migraines. I will be doing botox injections soon! Easy money lmao

For the non-medical soapbox members here, toradol very ****ing mild. If you abuse anything, then anything can become a problem. Hell, drink too much water and see what happens. I’ve seen patients get GI bleeds from taking baby aspirin. To say toradol is strong or powerful clearly shows that you have never given it to anyone. Hell, I would much rather have precedex prescribed to one of my patients than that garbage. Toradol is so ****ing mild it should be “OTC”. People should look up the long term effects of marijuana. There are studies that link the early onset of dementia to marijuana use. Just goes to show that if you abuse anything then you will **** yourself up.
Goes to show that there are 'studies' out there that support just about any position.

We'll agree to disagree that Toradol is a mild NSAID, it is a quite strong which is why dosage is recommended for 5 days or less and acceptable use is for short term pain management.

I don't mind the rant. I'm glad you found your relief. The only statement I don't agree with is blame society. I'm not going into it but the 'war on weed' is easily researched and identifies who has benefited over the decades and who currently benefits. It's not society.
Yeah, thanks for nothing William Randolph Hearst.

Jerk...

What’s your take on this one for pain management?

They must’ve got it mixed up with Tramadol which is an opiate because Toradol is in the same category as aleve and ibuprofen, both NSAIDS. Yes taking too much of NSAIDS will **** up your kidneys but it isn’t a controlled substance. If you want something to **** up your liver take Tylenol all the time with alcohol that should get you kick started messing up your liver.

Last edited:
They must’ve got it mixed up with Tramadol which is an opiate because Toradol is in the same category as aleve and ibuprofen, both NSAIDS. Yes taking too much of NSAIDS will **** up your kidneys but it isn’t a controlled substance. If you want something to **** up your liver take Tylenol all the time with alcohol that should get you kick started messing up your liver.
The idea that Toradol is in the same category as Aleve is like saying the Bugatti La Voiture Noire is in the same category as the Honda Fit because they are both cars... :lol:

The idea that Toradol is in the same category as Aleve is like saying the Bugatti La Voiture Noire is in the same category as the Honda Fit because they are both cars... :lol:
Are you serious? I been in the medical field for 20+ years. Toradol is a higher form of NSAID, there uses are for different levels of pain. Toradol is an anti inflammatory usually used after surgery and you need a prescription for, Aleve is in the same category but is over the counter used for mild inflammatory issues and pain. They’re still in the same class and category.

No wonder I have your ass blocked……..

Are you serious? I been in the medical field for 20+ years. Toradol is a higher form of NSAID, there uses are for different levels of pain. Toradol is an anti inflammatory usually used after surgery and you need a prescription for, Aleve is in the same category but is over the counter used for mild inflammatory issues and pain. They’re still in the same class and category.

No wonder I have your *** blocked……..
Bugatti and Honda are in the same class and category too.

You did apparently agree with me though, Toradol is a much stonger NSAID than Aleve and as such carries higher risk of adverse effects. That's also why Toradol dosage is recommended for less than 5 days and Aleve is not...

My sincere apologies if I have offended you to the point where you had to block my posts...

Back
Top Bottom