NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game

But this is just another example of what a genius is. They are such bad sportsmen - pushing the bounds of the rules until they are broken. And anyone who thinks they didn't didn't gain competitive advantage through tapings - like the Rams red zone plays before rhe Super Bowl - is in denial. You don't do these things if they don't help you. Also, what people seem to miss - is w the signal stealing - they used them to relay what the defense was going to do to Brady's helmet past the 15 second cut off - so he had coaches in his ear right to the snap as to what he was about to face. They did this by finding a radio frequency outside of the NFL monitored ones - and this is confirmed / not a theory. They have shown a consistent pattern of cheating and I hope Seattle does what they did to Denver last year - only worse.

possibly changing the psi of the football so that his team can get more of a grip on the ball in wet weather seems rather subtle to me... but who knows?

But its something the refs check when they put the ball in play. Thats like handing your teacher the cheat sheet you used along with your exam.

But its something the refs check when they put the ball in play. Thats like handing your teacher the cheat sheet you used along with your exam.

I could be wrong but I believe the refs check the balls prior to the game starting but are not checking each time a ball is "put in play".

I could see a ref with numb hands -- or who isn't paying close attention -- missing that.

It's just one of those things where they cheated so brazenly before that you can't put it past them to do this. I mean when you really dig into the whole Spygate mess (check the book p4e has in his avatar), it's really pretty ridiculous.

I think this rumor is bunk.

Sour grapes perhaps.

I hate the Patriots, but Belichick is a friggin genius, and Brady is amazing.

Their formations and execution were flawless.

I was jealous watching that juggernaut display yesterday.

Id like to know what that type of greatness feels like.

I think this rumor is bunk.

Sour grapes perhaps.

I hate the Patriots, but Belichick is a friggin genius, and Brady is amazing.

Their formations and execution were flawless.

I was jealous watching that juggernaut display yesterday.

Id like to know what that type of greatness feels like.

The Colts lost 45-7. Sour grapes? They got thrashed, everyone saw that. That doesn't change the fact that the Pats might have been caught cheating.

This is a millennial thing it seems...

always bitch and cry & moan about everything

always blame someone for something, it is impossible to lose with any class...

BOTH teams play with the same FOKN balls for Christ's sake.

This is beyond stoopid.

Okay, so maybe the cheating didn't make a difference in yesterday's game. But with all the times the Pats have been caught cheating...you have to think they probably cheat on a regular basis. Perhaps they cheated their way into home field in the playoffs? Who knows how many games they should've or would've won if they played by the same rules as everyone else. It could have completely changed the landscape of this year's playoffs.

Exactly. the pats have been doing enough questionable things often enough over the yrs that their integrity/reputation will always be questioned.

I could see a ref with numb hands -- or who isn't paying close attention -- missing that.

It's just one of those things where they cheated so brazenly before that you can't put it past them to do this. I mean when you really dig into the whole Spygate mess (check the book p4e has in his avatar), it's really pretty ridiculous.

Yes its brazen cheating, but its also an incredibly stupid way of cheating.

Do you think that the "genius's" ego would allow him to look that ****ing dumb?

Fred Smerlas ‏@FredSmerlas
Ball protocol: 12 balls per team/ good weather and 24 balls per team/inclement weather; balls are inspected by refs and put into secure area

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred Smerlas ‏@FredSmerlas
Ball protocol: 12 balls per team/ good weather and 24 balls per team/inclement weather; balls are inspected by refs and put into secure area

its only gay if balls are touching.

This is a millennial thing it seems...

always bitch and cry & moan about everything

always blame someone for something, it is impossible to lose with any class...

BOTH teams play with the same FOKN balls for Christ's sake.

This is beyond stoopid.

Actually they don't, as mentioned many times in this thread

Back
Top Bottom