NFL Network Calling Our D the Amoeba | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Calling Our D the Amoeba

Yet, while it appears chaotic as well as threatening like a mob, it's actually tricky complex and structured. The chaos hides that. So much so, that most QBs would be hopelessly lost trying to figure out in the short time available to them.

I think a more suitable name would include those characteristics?

Good point.

There is an organism in nature that is somewhat like that . It's good old mold, but using that for a name seems to lack the emotional aspect I'd like to see. Let's face it, calling that defense the "moldy oldies" doesn't seem to capture the right mood.

Maybe the poster that brought up using the octopus as a name was more on target.

When we play the run heavy Offenses it will be all that more important to play " The Cheatriot Way". That is to get ahead on the scoreboard and force them to play catch up, forcing them out of the running game as their base Offense. Then your attacking the QB not reacting to their attack.

Amoeba sounds like something tiny. Not a good thing for men! It is an actual name for an alignment the d uses when there's 9 guys standing there at the LOS and the opposing QB has no clue who's coming and who's dropping. It becomes a guessing game for players like Herbert who we definitely confused. A nickname is something else and it has to sound bigger and meaner like the Steelers Steel Curtain or the Legion Of Boom!! The Redskins were the Hogs and the Vikes had the Purple People so the Miami Smash and Grab Defense!! If I think of better I'll post it. I'm liking the smash and grab, I like that it's a Felony!

Dont like the name. Too wimpy. I like 'octopus' defense. So many tentacles going many different directions. You don't know which way the attack is coming from.
I mean, if we’re going in that direction already why not upgrade to The Kraken?

Back
Top Bottom