NFL Network Calling Our D the Amoeba | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Calling Our D the Amoeba

How about...the Smash and Splash Defense?

The Miami Dolphins are playing excellent football right now. Perhaps nowhere is this more evident than with their defensive performances.

Miami is on a 15 game streak with a defensive takeaway, the longest active streak in the NFL. The Dolphins have been so impressive on the defensive side of the ball that fans from all over believe they deserve their own nickname. Miami’s defense definitely has an identity, and that identity is why we deemed them the ‘Smash & Splash’ defense.

What's the splash mean? At least smash and grab means something. I'm still working on it.

Vanna, I think we have a winner! :hclap:

P.S. I think I like the name too. Hope someone can come up with something that fits better for our unique version. I like Kraken so far.
‘‘Tis the Covid19 Defense, you are all wise scared to get it. You never now where it’s come from. And it’s going to get you.

Amoeba sounds like something tiny. Not a good thing for men! It is an actual name for an alignment the d uses when there's 9 guys standing there at the LOS and the opposing QB has no clue who's coming and who's dropping. It becomes a guessing game for players like Herbert who we definitely confused. A nickname is something else and it has to sound bigger and meaner like the Steelers Steel Curtain or the Legion Of Boom!! The Redskins were the Hogs and the Vikes had the Purple People so the Miami Smash and Grab Defense!! If I think of better I'll post it. I'm liking the smash and grab, I like that it's a Felony!

giphy (1) (16).gif

Well think if the Oline is occupying blockers Baker can run free because otherwise he isn’t able to shed all that well
That’s ok. This may be unpopular to say, but Zach Thomas couldn’t shed either. If not for Bowens and Gardner + Zach’s instinctively fast first step (which was what made him so great) he would have been average. If you got a hat on him he was ineffective. Easier said than done but justa saying.

That’s ok. This may be unpopular to say, but Zach Thomas couldn’t shed either. If not for Bowens and Gardner + Zach’s instinctively fast first step (which was what made him so great) he would have been average. If you got a hat on him he was ineffective. Easier said than done but justa saying.
True which is why we need Dline who get up the field and be disruptive blowing up assignments is for me as good as a tackle - if there are good tacklers coming to aid

Yes, I have heard Zach, himself, say as much. ZT was a great player, but give credit to JJ, and "deer in the headlights" Wanny for realizing what they had, and taking advantage.

Zach is seen as an "immortal" in Dolphin land, but that is likely why he doesn't get the recognition nationally, or among HOF voters.

Last edited:
Yes, I have heard Zach, himself, say as much. ZT was a great player, butvgive credit to JJ, and "deer in the headlights" Wanny for realizing what they had, and taking advantage.

Zach is seen as an "immortal" in Dolphin land, but that is likely why he doesn't get the recognition nationally, or among HOF voters.
Not to derail the thread but better stats than Urlacher.

Back
Top Bottom