NFL Network panel claims Dolphins' Super Bowl window is creeping open | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network panel claims Dolphins' Super Bowl window is creeping open

Just weird seeing and hearing "Dolphins" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence. The last time Miami was in the Super Bowl? I wasn't even born. I just wanna see them make the playoffs and win a playoff game first.
I can remember a time when it was a major disappointment when the Dolphins didn’t at least go to the SB.

In my book your Super Bowl window can't open before you start making the playoffs. In fact I would say the window is open once you've shown you can win playoff games, preferablly in more than one season.

Its nice too see some people giving the rebuild the proper acknowledgement. Her opinion, while a pleasant thought, is just that, a pleasant thought. Anything is possible in sports. So its not out of the realm, Miami could suddenly go on a run.

Flores has done whats he's done with a roster filled with low end players and street F/A. Imagine what he could do with a roster filled with with talented players. Lets see what he does with 2 draft classes, in terms of development and what he does with the roster now filled with a better talent base, in comparison to two years ago.

I remember late 90s, early 2000s, I was kind of taking the usual 10-11 wins and a 1st rd playoff win by Miami for granted. Back then I was just pissed Miami kept missing out on BYEs, and getting demolished in RD 2 every year. lol Now I'd killed for those 10-11 wins and a playoff win every year. My have the standards dropped.
Only issue with that is they always got killed in the divisional round after.

I definitely think it's possible. Of course we know things change quickly on the NFL, maybe moreso than any other sport.

If Tua proves to be the real deal, that's a huge piece of the super bowl puzzle and a major reason we see so many Tua posts.

I laugh at the Toronto Maple Leafs who haven't won a playoff series since 2004 and then cry inside when I realize Miami still hasn't won a playoff game since 2000. It's amazing how sports franchises can go through such droughts.
Ownership and Front Office are the primary consistencies in an organization. If they are not good, no matter what decisions they make will inevitably be based on their own flaws. Even doing the antithesis of everything that comes natural to them isn't the answer. Most likely, if you don't know how to achieve success, you won't know how to manage success.

For example, Jerry Jones will never change his foundational way of thinking no matter who his HC. From JJ to Parcells to current, Jones is still the same prideful business owner in every decision. He can't help to get out of his own way on the field. He's a business genius and a football arm chair QB. No matter how close to greatness he allows someone else to lead him, he has to insert himself into the greatness to claim glory for himself. And thus everything great is destroyed and the team returns to its dysfunction.

I read "creeping open" and 'getting closer.' I doubt anyone can disagree with that. Yes, things could go wrong, but it seems the organization/talent is getting closer.

I like the article. But it goes to show you how the media can be so up and down. One day Tua is a total bust and all of a sudden the next day we creepin at the SB.

Tua is the biggest piece of this puzzle. If he can deliver, Miami will be playing in a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom