NFL Network Rumours | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Rumours

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
* Dolphins 100% definitely not going RB
* Aaron Rodgers could slip to the 20's, definitely won't go before TB at #5 and very unlikely they take him
* Braylon Edwards almost guaranteed to go #2, most likely in a trade once the #1 pick is announced
* Alex Smith has become "unsignable", but will most likely be drafted #1 anyways

Seems to me SF wanted Rodgers, but when they heard everyone else wanted Smith they decided to take Smith. Now they might not be able to sign him. SF seems like they are a complete mess right now.

If the Fins aren't going RB and not drafting #2, who is left for Miami to take?

Trsut me when I saw the 49ers have had Smith #1 for a LONG time. I think they trade out of 2 and we'll see what happens.

Boomer said:
Trsut me when I saw the 49ers have had Smith #1 for a LONG time. I think they trade out of 2 and we'll see what happens.

If we trade out of #2 I think we will just go RB though. Risk is trading with Washington and one of the three RB's not being there at #9. As Chicago will take one, Tampa will take one, then who knows if someone jumps us to grab the last one or something.

Out of all of the trade possibilites the one I like the least is with Washington. The ones I like the most is with Cleveland or Minny.

MikeO said:
If we trade out of #2 I think we will just go RB though. Risk is trading with Washington and one of the three RB's not being there at #9. As Chicago will take one, Tampa will take one, then who knows if someone jumps us to grab the last one or something.

Out of all of the trade possibilites the one I like the least is with Washington. The ones I like the most is with Cleveland or Minny.

If one of the backs isn't there, then he will go BPA. Carlos Rodgers, Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, Stroud, Thomas Davis, Pollack.

They seem to be high on Morency as he came in and they flew to see his workout. Shelton's neck injury might but them off but he's a great player, a high character kid with 4.51 speed on that big frame.

Boomer said:
* Dolphins 100% definitely not going RB
* Aaron Rodgers could slip to the 20's, definitely won't go before TB at #5 and very unlikely they take him
* Braylon Edwards almost guaranteed to go #2, most likely in a trade once the #1 pick is announced
* Alex Smith has become "unsignable", but will most likely be drafted #1 anyways

wait, we aren't going RB PERIOD in round one, or at #2 overall?

From Peter King:

"At No. 2, Nick Saban is driving an impossibly hard bargain in trade talks to move down. He's adhering to the draft-value sheet most teams use to determine the fairness of trades in a year when most NFL people you should throw the sheet away because the level of talent is not as good."

Boomer said:
From Peter King:

"At No. 2, Nick Saban is driving an impossibly hard bargain in trade talks to move down. He's adhering to the draft-value sheet most teams use to determine the fairness of trades in a year when most NFL people you should throw the sheet away because the level of talent is not as good."

I always like to look at the inverse of an argument to help evaluate truth. That chart logic busts me up. Can you imagine teams calling Saban in a different year, one with extraordinary talent atop the draft, and insisting they should offer MORE than chart value to trade up?

Something has got to give. The mock guru, Gosselin, has us taking Brown but the rumors say no way to a RB at #2. Sorry, rumours. Love those UK versions!.

The whole draft value isn't good statement is BS. True, there are no franchise players, but IMO, this is a very deep draft. There are great players all through rounds 1, 2, and 3.

Yeah to me the top isn't outstanding but the depth looks great. Some good players should be available with our 2nd rounder and our 3rd.

After the draft was over I'd love to see some teams draft board; where they had all the guys pegged. NFL Network should look into it. Ya gotta luv that channel. I'm pretty much shut off from the rest of crap TV b/c of that channel.

Boomer said:
If one of the backs isn't there, then he will go BPA. Carlos Rodgers, Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson, Stroud, Thomas Davis, Pollack.

David Pollack is Zach Thomas reincarnated. And I wouldn't mind his roommate David Greene being chosen in the third round.

We can sit here playing blind mans bluff with a programming network that has no other choice but to expel bold, dignified comments.

No RB in the first? We'll let time tell us that.

Tommatt said:
The whole draft value isn't good statement is BS. True, there are no franchise players, but IMO, this is a very deep draft. There are great players all through rounds 1, 2, and 3.

I totally agree with this statement.

Back
Top Bottom