NFL Network says we are pretty much done spending | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network says we are pretty much done spending

This draft is so deep at RT, I honestly dont see an issue with addressing it in the 2nd round. There are several guys I want at RT there, even down at the bottom 2nd.

My question for them is... do you still want a LT or is Martin the guy?

ok well if its that deep at tackle name who you would want there in the 2nd round...

b/t i agree with the sentiments that miami doesn't need to spend any more in free agency...go to the draft...unless i can get clabo

This draft is so deep at RT, I honestly dont see an issue with addressing it in the 2nd round. There are several guys I want at RT there, even down at the bottom 2nd.

My question for them is... do you still want a LT or is Martin the guy?

Based on the fact that we went after Winston in FA I think they are comfortable with Martin at LT. Should one of the 3 LTs in the draft fall to us then sure you take one. I think they are waiting to see what they can get out of the draft and then maybe go after Winston a bit harder if they dont get one of the top 3 LTs.

We shouldnt use FA'ncy to fill our of our holes. Besides it would be nice to have some money to carry over as a cushion for future years cap space.

Still believe we are in holding mode until the first round of the draft. Depending on how that plays out, we still could make a trade to get Albert, draft somebody (if they are there at our pick), or if we miss out on who we want in the draft, sign Winston after the draft. It's not like he or other teams are rushing to do a deal before the draft. If we don't get our LT in the opening night of the draft, don't be shocked if we do some kind of deal to address it by the next day (2nd round).

I'm fine with not spending anymore in free agents. We already have enough of them, specially for a team that "wants to build thru the draft". If you use every penny you have under the cap, it's going to put us in a hole next year. I like some of the guys we've gotten but what are the odds that EVERY single one of them works out for us? You need to be able to have some money next year too. As far as drafting a LT at 12......I'm sick of drafting oline in the first round but if we draft one, please, lets not trade away picks to move up for one. In my book, you don't use the 12th pick plus more picks to move up for a LT. Haven't we learned anything from the past? You win with playmakers, not with LT's. If it was up to me( and I know it's not), I'd not draft a LT in round one at all and for sure not at 12. I'd draft one in round 2. At 12 I'd draft only a DE(pass rushing), a corner(if Milliner is there) or a playmaking WR. I know we got Walaca and Gibson. So? I'd love to have another weapon outside.

Ozzy rules!!

Somebody interesting always ends up getting the axe at final cuts. Let's not discount the idea of rolling the dice then.

ok well if its that deep at tackle name who you would want there in the 2nd round...

b/t i agree with the sentiments that miami doesn't need to spend any more in free agency...go to the draft...unless i can get clabo

Well Im certainly not up to snuff with the class as you, but I see guys like Jones in the 2nd, Watson in the bottom 2nd, Xavier Nixon in the 3rd. I think these are all guys that can step in and play tackle.

If I'm being asked what's my best value for the money? I honestly like Watson, a lot, @ #54. It sounds almost as if you're disagreeing with me that it's deep at tackle. Do you not feel so?

What's your idea for the tackle position?

I think the "What's left" comment was in regards to what is still on the market, not what positions need to be addressed.

I know they have $8 million in cap space right now and another $10 million in cap space starting on June 1st ($18 million total), but I have no problem with them turning their attention to the draft now. They made a lot of positive moves in free agency and left only one major glaring need going into the draft(Offensive Tackle). Sure there are still positions like cornerback, tight end and defensive end that need to be addressed with competition and depth, but I see our 11 draft picks(5 in the top 82) going towards addressing those issues. I also expect that glaring hole at offensive tackle to be filled in the draft or perhaps Eric Winston finally caves to the Dolphins one year offer.

The Dolphins are in very good shape right now on the eve of the draft, no need to make any desperate signings.

You are right about the "what is left part".

Well Im certainly not up to snuff with the class as you, but I see guys like Jones in the 2nd, Watson in the bottom 2nd, Xavier Nixon in the 3rd. I think these are all guys that can step in and play tackle.

If I'm being asked what's my best value for the money? I honestly like Watson, a lot, @ #54. It sounds almost as if you're disagreeing with me that it's deep at tackle. Do you not feel so?

What's your idea for the tackle position?

Who is that?

Who is that?

Barrett Jones, G/C.

I... have no idea why I confused him with DJ Fluker, which is who I meant. Oops. Jones is a G/C I like, but not before the 3rd. That's just because of the value aspect. I want Bailey in the 2nd.

Barrett Jones, G/C.

I... have no idea why I confused him with DJ Fluker, which is who I meant. Oops. Jones is a G/C I like, but not before the 3rd. That's just because of the value aspect. I want Bailey in the 2nd.

I think Watson at 2a would be a bit lower than he is projected...seeing him go back end of the 1st in most mocks. Same with Fluker.

Yeah I think Watson will be a 1st round pick. Maybe Pugh in the 2nd, but I heard today he might go round 1 too. Armstead might be there, who has a ton of potential apparently.

Back
Top Bottom