NFL Network says we are pretty much done spending | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network says we are pretty much done spending

Re: Dolphins done spending in Free Agency

the article they took that from said a player like winston is still an option.

"What's left?" Umm...how about a LT, Blocking TE, and another pass rusher.

Sounds good to me. Time to focus on the draft and if we cant figure it out there we will check back into the leftovers.

We have about $8M right now and need about $7M for this draft class. We will get $10M more after June 1st. Leaving us about $11M going into the season, which we can roll over into next year and we will need it next year with these contracts we gave out this year. Most have their biggest CAP number next year.

even if its true that we done, it will only be for now, once the draft comes along we will go right back to filling remaining holes through FA. Odds are most the current FAs will still be there come May.

You read Mando's article it is different context. The staff is on the draft hard and if something comes along of course they would look. Won't it be funny if they sign Clabo after this article?

I think he is interesting.

You read Mando's article it is different context. The staff is on the draft hard and if something comes along of course they would look. Won't it be funny if they sign Clabo after this article?

I think he is interesting.

Wonder how much Clabo would receive in the current market? Is he a good fit in our scheme?

"What's left?" Umm...how about a LT, Blocking TE, and another pass rusher.

I think the "What's left" comment was in regards to what is still on the market, not what positions need to be addressed.

I know they have $8 million in cap space right now and another $10 million in cap space starting on June 1st ($18 million total), but I have no problem with them turning their attention to the draft now. They made a lot of positive moves in free agency and left only one major glaring need going into the draft(Offensive Tackle). Sure there are still positions like cornerback, tight end and defensive end that need to be addressed with competition and depth, but I see our 11 draft picks(5 in the top 82) going towards addressing those issues. I also expect that glaring hole at offensive tackle to be filled in the draft or perhaps Eric Winston finally caves to the Dolphins one year offer.

The Dolphins are in very good shape right now on the eve of the draft, no need to make any desperate signings.

After the draft we'll have a better idea where we stand and what still needs to be added. if we have not got our tackle we'll pick up a vet then probably at a discounted price.

" The Dolphins are in very good shape right now on the eve of the draft, no need to make any desperate signings".

sounds right to me

I think we'll still look into Winston and the newly released Clabo, but might be set until the draft for everything except OT

We're probably just better off not believing anything a team source says in regards to draft or free agency. Interesting stuff to read sure, but always taken with a grain of salt.

This draft is so deep at RT, I honestly dont see an issue with addressing it in the 2nd round. There are several guys I want at RT there, even down at the bottom 2nd.

My question for them is... do you still want a LT or is Martin the guy?

Back
Top Bottom