NFL over analytical? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL over analytical?

Teenwolf

You are an animal
Reaction score
Reading over all the posts in finheaven, and NFL.com and any other webpage I can see, it occured to me how over analysed every thing is.

Ive just finished reading a post about our 6 game win streak last season andf was it over rated - Who cares, that was last season.

The Draft - Does it really matter that a kid can only do so many bench presses? If he can play ball, thats good enough for me?

On NFL.com, they are asking if Jimmy Smith should go in the hall of fame, as he has caught more passes than any receiver in the hall of fame - if he's good enough, then he's in!

Maybe all this is a result of the oh so long off-season, and it all just snowballs for 6 months. Or, maybe I am being over analytical?

Just though I'd get that off my chest!

agreed man, when people watch the NFL with me (they are done so BY FORCE!) they always make a comment on the commentry bringing up random facts and stats and question 'what does that have to do with anything' and 'so what, does it matter?'.

they have stats for things like 'number of yards gained by a RB after the QB has scrathed his nose as apposed to him not scrathing his nose' some of them are rediculous

the stats aren't analyzed as much in football as in baseball. It's crazy, all the different statistical variations in that sport. I think it's a good sign that things are over-analyzed. If people didn't care they wouldn't be.

3rd and long said:
the stats aren't analyzed as much in football as in baseball. It's crazy, all the different statistical variations in that sport. I think it's a good sign that things are over-analyzed. If people didn't care they wouldn't be.

good job i dont watch baseball then, it'd drive me insane!... oh wait... NM

Back
Top Bottom