NFL PICKS: Jags get no respect in Indy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL PICKS: Jags get no respect in Indy

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Everyone now knows Jacksonville is good, especially on defense. The guys in Vegas do, too, but they apparently think the public isn't ready to accept the Jaguars. How else to explain that they go to Indianapolis as 7-point underdogs?

It's not like Jacksonville has a dismal history there. Two years ago, the Jaguars won 27-24 in the RCA Dome and last season they lost 10-3 in one of those games that had fantasy fans upset that Peyton Manning didn't throw enough.

Even with no Edgerrin James this year, there's still that large spread.
"They've dominated our division," Jags coach Jack Del Rio said. "Clearly, they've been in control of this division, and we're in pursuit of it. We have a goal of being division champions, and in order to do that, we've got to win in our division. Our first opportunity is this week against the Colts."

spacer-1.gif

spacer-1.gif
spacer-1.gif
The Colts have a couple things going for them.

One is the Monday night hangover factor - it's a short week on the road for the Jags. The other is the RCA Dome and its noise.

But DE Dwight Freeney could be out with a leg injury and Martin Gramatica could be the kicker in place of Adam Vinatieri, who has groin problems. Without Freeney, there's less pressure on Byron Leftwich, who has those tall targets to throw to over the smallish Indy DBs (see Plaxico Burress leaping over Nick Harper for a touchdown on opening night.)

Still, despite home wins over good teams, a short week might make a road win over another top team a little too tough for the Jags. Fantasy players might want to deactivate Manning. Gamblers? Stay with Indy.

COLTS, 17-12

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_PRO_PICKS?SITE=NYONE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

jacksonville plays indy better than anyone, but indy still generally wins. so i'm going with indy here. 7 is a bit rich of a spread though.

Indy is the favorite team this year.

much like the pats where in past years.

i expect writers and boomakers to predict them to win every game this year.

The day I deactivate Manning is the day I die.

Why do the Colts go out of their way to try and end Byron's carear?

Back
Top Bottom