NFL Power Rankings - Dolphins Up And Jets Down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Power Rankings - Dolphins Up And Jets Down

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
For those of you who know me you are aware that I am not much of a fan for power rankings in the NFL. But I thought the explanation for the Dolphins was right on taget.

The Dolphins might be the most fun 3-9 team you'll ever watch. How could you not enjoy the way Miami went after the Eagles, battling back from multiple deficits, calling trick plays, surprise onside kicks -- anything to make up for the talent disparity they face every Sunday? It's a credit to first-year coach Brian Flores -- and the quarterback, too. This is a young Dolphins team playing with the spirit of Ryan Fitzpatrick, who competes his butt off every Sunday. Fitzpatrick made a series of money throws in wiping out a two-touchdown deficit in the second half, and he avoided the killer turnovers that have haunted him in the past. It helps to have a guy like DeVante Parker, who has broken out as a star playmaker in his fifth season. Parker is an example of why you don't give up on talent. The 2015 first-rounder has become a player this organization can build around.

I was trying to describe the last game and I think that sentence
The Dolphins might be the most fun 3-9 team you'll ever watch.
describes it best. It was just fun. No expectations, arrogant opponent with arrogant fans and WE had fun. :lol:

Oh yeah, before I forget: Dolphins up by 4 (#26) and Jets down by 5 (#27). Take that Gase. :hclap::pbj::nah:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-14-ravens-supplant-49ers-at-no-1

Funny and true about their arrogant fans.

Which is funny because you know, Dallas has 5, NY has 4, Washington has 3, and they got 1 lmao.

"How could you not enjoy the way Miami went after the Eagles, battling back from multiple deficits, calling trick plays, surprise onside kicks -- anything to make up for the talent disparity they face every Sunday? It's a credit to first-year coach Brian Flores -- and the quarterback, too."

If there is any doubt they are trying to build a winning culture and not trying to get a high pick (tanking) this should put it to rest. Barring injury to Fitzpatrick or late game relief I doubt we see Rosen again this season. Hope they hit on the FA acquisitions and draft next spring.

"How could you not enjoy the way Miami went after the Eagles, battling back from multiple deficits, calling trick plays, surprise onside kicks -- anything to make up for the talent disparity they face every Sunday? It's a credit to first-year coach Brian Flores -- and the quarterback, too."

If there is any doubt they are trying to build a winning culture and not trying to get a high pick (tanking) this should put it to rest. Barring injury to Fitzpatrick or late game relief I doubt we see Rosen again this season. Hope they hit on the FA acquisitions and draft next spring.
That's why Rosen was replaced and sits on the bench. Trying to grow a young QB while having a largely inexperienced offense which you are trying to grow as well is completely counterproductive. You do more damage than good for any of these players. They are growing Rosen now on the bench, in practice and in the film room.

That Rosen sits is not an indication that he sucks but more of an issue that Fitzpatrick provides the stabilizing factor of a vet presence. That guy has played with good OLs, bad OLs and no OLs. He has thrown to great receivers and the scum of the NFL. He has seen every defense there is, every blitz package. More importantly when a bad play happens he brushes it off and does not get flustered like most young QBs.
Every word coming out of Davie is that they are happy with Rosen and his development. This coaching staff is proving in front of our very own eyes that hey can teach players, coach them, make them play hard every down to the end. We will have plenty of time to see Rosen next year. There is no rush whatsoever.

I can say one thing. In the 30+ years I've been a Phin fan I was divested in one season and that was the 1-15 Cam Cameron fiasco. I literally remember where I was at when Camillo caught that pass from Lemon in OT to win the game.

I stopped and said "holy **** no 0-16" grabbed my **** off a dresser and that was it.

This team ain't that team. As gutted and devoid of talent as this team is it has spunk and heart. Hats off to Flores, he's a good coach from what I've seen. He has no business winning 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom