Club Member
Reaction score
Rank
^1
Miami Dolphins
Miami Dolphins
1-0
Previous rank: No. 14

Xavien Howard proved once again why he might be the most valuable player on the Dolphins. The star cornerback jarred the ball out of the hands of Pats running back Damien Harris late in the fourth quarter, the game-deciding turnover in a 17-16 win. While Howard thrived, Tua Tagovailoa had his ups and downs in a game that's unlikely to change any perceptions of the second-year passer. It wasn't a perfect effort by the Dolphins, but victory at Foxborough is always a big deal. After one week, Miami is the only team in the AFC East in the win column.

Pats were 15 even though we beat them at their place. And the Packers were ahead of us. I know its only one game but Jeez, the Packers were horrible.

Pats were 15 even though we beat them at their place. And the Packers were ahead of us. I know its only one game but Jeez, the Packers were horrible.
Meh,

Power rankings are interesting I guess, but after the top few teams it's highly subjective at best, particularly early in the year.

Rank
^1
View attachment 85467
Miami Dolphins
1-0
Previous rank: No. 14

Xavien Howard proved once again why he might be the most valuable player on the Dolphins. The star cornerback jarred the ball out of the hands of Pats running back Damien Harris late in the fourth quarter, the game-deciding turnover in a 17-16 win. While Howard thrived, Tua Tagovailoa had his ups and downs in a game that's unlikely to change any perceptions of the second-year passer. It wasn't a perfect effort by the Dolphins, but victory at Foxborough is always a big deal. After one week, Miami is the only team in the AFC East in the win column.

PFT has us at 12, up from 16:

PFT has us at 12, up from 16:

12. Dolphins (1-0, No. 16): Victory from the jaws of defeat is still victory.

13. Patriots (0-1, No. 10): Defeat from the jaws of victory is still defeat.

At least they have enough common sense to put the team that won a division roadie in the higher spot.

I am suprised that anybody ranked us above the Pats

I'm sure there are 5 or 6 teams that would be ranked above us even(god forbid)
after the team all died in a plane crash

12. Dolphins (1-0, No. 16): Victory from the jaws of defeat is still victory.

13. Patriots (0-1, No. 10): Defeat from the jaws of victory is still defeat.

At least they have enough common sense to put the team that won a division roadie in the higher spot.
As opposed to our hallmark snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory, in the not so distant past.

The Ringer has us at 10.

It's all meaningless in terms of results, but there's no question a positive media helps the commercial side and motivates fans.

Back
Top Bottom