NFL rankings; Miami 26th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL rankings; Miami 26th

Bills 8th
Pats 16th
Jets 20th

Can the Dolphins land their quarterback of the future in the draft? If they pick right, they are a player in the wide-open AFC East.

After the draft, that ranking could change significantly.

Tua's latest video increases his chances of going top 10 IMO. If he's Miami's target, they may have to move up for him. If they have Tua and Herbert close, they can probably sit at #5 and get Herbert. Neither would be instant starters, but Tua (if healthy) would certainly project as a better quarterback than both Allen and Darnold. I think Herbert is more in the neighborhood of those two quarterbacks.

If I'm the Dolphins, I'm using my picks to trade up and down, target and get the players I most want.

Where is Tampa Bay with Brady? ITs a QB driven league. If we shore up our 2 OTs then e should be around 16.

Bills 8th
Pats 16th
Jets 20th

Can the Dolphins land their quarterback of the future in the draft? If they pick right, they are a player in the wide-open AFC East.

Personally I am hoping they doubt the Dolphins through the entire year.

Hoping Miami through the entire year keeps winning, and the so called experts continue to slowly doubt Miami, and move them up extremely slow.

Reasons:

1. Though I doubt the coaches would allow it, don't want the players to start believing the hype...The praise.

2. I do want them to feel a bit upset that they are winning, and nobody is giving them credit.

3. I want opponants to believe the hype as long as possible that Miami is not as good, and are about to come back to earth after looking good.

4. I don't want people in the media and NFL to Jinx the team with overhype...As they are known to do.

5. Finally I want them to keep their minds on the most important part of 2020, become a team, learn to play like a team...Not fall in love with themselves, and start believing how great they are or are becoming.

If by some miracle, and supreme coaching they end up winning the SB in 2020....Then, they can fall in love with themselves as players, and celebrate as long as they want.

As of right now, the Fins arent better at scoring points than last year, so any improvements on D might be marginal when its all said and done since they'll be playing from behind probably more than 2/3rds of the league. Couple that to the CS turnover and no, Fins arent that much better than last year if we're looking for actual production on the field.... On paper, sure... Fins have always been decent at looking good on paper.

Pats should still be ranked between 8th and 12th. Giving way too much value to Brady’s last season there. He was not propping them up at all and they still managed a bunch of wins. If Belichick, not wanting to waste a year of strong defense, thought he needed to bring in a big name qb to be able to contend, he would do so.

Last edited:
As of right now, the Fins arent better at scoring points than last year, so any improvements on D might be marginal when its all said and done since they'll be playing from behind probably more than 2/3rds of the league. Couple that to the CS turnover and no, Fins arent that much better than last year if we're looking for actual production on the field.... On paper, sure... Fins have always been decent at looking good on paper.

Really hope Miami views its FA as setting up the D well enough to spend most of its draft resources on offense. I like the additions of Jones, Lawson, Ogbah, and Van Noy, but you're right; Miami will succeed or fail with the offense. Get the best QB prospects you can, and surround them with the most talent you can.

Really hope Miami views its FA as setting up the D well enough to spend most of its draft resources on offense. I like the additions of Jones, Lawson, Ogbah, and Van Noy, but you're right; Miami will succeed or fail with the offense. Get the best QB prospects you can, and surround them with the most talent you can.
100% agree with this- the only DEF position I would target with before 70 would be FS with Chaisson being at outlier at #18.
This Offense needs help.
The OL is a mess and of course QB remain the priority.

Whoa!!!! .... I feel like we should all go out and get T-Shirts that say "We're 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ... yes, with 26 exclamation points ... so we see just how far away it is from one!

Back
Top Bottom