Nfl Ref Gene Steratore Retires... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Ref Gene Steratore Retires...

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
The guy involved with many NFL controversial plays. The Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant catch/no catch and the index card. For me it was October 24th 2010. Miami was up 22-20 against my most hated team the Steelers. Big Ben tries a qb sneak and the ball gets punched out before the goal line and Miami recovers for the win! But wait ... the ref signaled Td from 10 yds behind the play. Since a td was signaled but overturned by replay they went to the tape to see who recovered ... 6 white jerseys on the ball and not a single black one was near. Verdict - Steelers maintain possession and kick the game winning fg.

Sitting there with a bunch of Steeler fans watching was almost unbearable. Gene who grew up a steeler fan just outside of Pittsburgh and another ref from Pittsburgh made horrible calls all day. I believe Channing Crowder said something to the press afterwards and Daniel Tosh even did a skit on it.

Was the first thing that came to my mind also. I'll never forget that steelers game

The guy involved with many NFL controversial plays. The Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant catch/no catch and the index card. For me it was October 24th 2010. Miami was up 22-20 against my most hated team the Steelers. Big Ben tries a qb sneak and the ball gets punched out before the goal line and Miami recovers for the win! But wait ... the ref signaled Td from 10 yds behind the play. Since a td was signaled but overturned by replay they went to the tape to see who recovered ... 6 white jerseys on the ball and not a single black one was near. Verdict - Steelers maintain possession and kick the game winning fg.

Sitting there with a bunch of Steeler fans watching was almost unbearable. Gene who grew up a steeler fan just outside of Pittsburgh and another ref from Pittsburgh made horrible calls all day. I believe Channing Crowder said something to the press afterwards and Daniel Tosh even did a skit on it.

Yup, I was there with my Pittsburgh buddy, and he goes we lost, and then that crap.

I wish no ill will anyone.

But I am glad I don't have to see this dude's face anymore.

Back
Top Bottom