NFL Rumors - Miles Killebrew | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Rumors - Miles Killebrew

Geforce

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
1/26: Miles Killebrew says he's met with a lot of teams but had an in-depth talk with Dolphins. "I really liked those guys." - Andrew Abramson, Palm Beach Post

[video=youtube;BGl0nYVDT2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGl0nYVDT2s[/video]

From the Senior Bowl
[video=youtube;M8QARLrxzSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8QARLrxzSI[/video]

this guy takes good angles, and lays the wood. looks like he has good burst as well. Where do you think he falls, second, third round?

On a side point, anyone know how easy it is to get a Hudl account and/or access to players videos on Hudl?

Something we could maybe pool resources for?

Isn't he more of a strong safety? Would they take him with the idea being move Reshad to FS?

Isn't he more of a strong safety? Would they take him with the idea being move Reshad to FS?

He looks extremely fast. Could easily play both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely looks strong to me in those highlights...as such I don't see it being a priority first 2 days pick to miami...be day 3 imo and probably round 5 before Miami entertained it if he was there...teams usually still try and fill a need in the 4th round unless something just too good to pass up falls in their lap

it wouldn't be a priority for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids like 6'3" and runs a 4.43. I'm actually really liking this kid the more I read about him.

definitely looks strong to me in those highlights...as such I don't see it being a priority first 2 days pick to miami...be day 3 imo and probably round 5 before Miami entertained it if he was there...teams usually still try and fill a need in the 4th round unless something just too good to pass up falls in their lap

it wouldn't be a priority for

I really respect ur opinion and i get what ur saying but i think teams are wrong trying to fill a need especially in the mid rounds....if a guy stands out on tape and youd love to have him on ur team why pass on him just to upgrade a weak position....

I may be wrong but i like what i see with this kid and if the new staff thinks its worth the gamble,,,hey,,,i'm all in!! lol...the strengh of any team in my opinion is the Spine..I for one wouldn't mind seeing Suh,the likes of Miles
Jack at MIke and Jones with this kid right down the spine of my team

I have watched his tape and he is a big hitter, but his tackling leaves something to be desired. I would rather have someone that is fundamentally sound.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/miles-killebrew?id=2555315

Overview: Killebrew reached the triple-digit mark in tackles the past two seasons (101 in 2014, 132 in 2015) and also showed an ability to handle his pass coverage responsibilities each year (three interceptions, one for a touchdown in 2014, seven pass break-ups in 2015). Killebrew was also named second team All-Big Sky last year after blocking two kicks. Special teams acumen and defensive productivity should earn him similar grades to FCS star safety Jaquiski Tartt (Samford), who was picked in the third round of the 2015 draft.

Analysis
Strengths Tightly bundled muscle hammer with a compact frame and the thighs of a track sprinter. World-class form tackler with bad intentions behind his strikes. Patient and willing to wait until he's in proper range before exploding with everything he has into his victim. Confident around the line of scrimmage and uses aggressive hands to keep himself clean. Will not flinch in the face of contact and has the frame to be considered as a hybrid linebacker on the pro level. Relied upon to line secondary up and get defense situated.

Weaknesses Instincts are very average. Needs to see it first and then can be a step slow to respond. Doesn't anticipate run direction as well as he needs to. Lack of instincts hinders range in coverage. Has a tendency to eyeball quarterback and lose track of route development around him. Has a verified 4.43 time from the spring in the 40-yard dash, but play speed doesn't always match that. Could be limited to box duties.

NFL Comparison Deone Bucannon

Im not liking what im seeing here in terms of coverage and play speed at the senior bowl

even if it is a strong safety

I think that limited to box duties looks like his future

Deon buccannon showed better in coverage to stay attached than this

I will pass

Back
Top Bottom