Nfl Sophomores To Watch: Mike Gesicki, Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Sophomores To Watch: Mike Gesicki, Miami Dolphins

I think Gesicki was not used properly. They tried to turn him into a blocker, they knew when they drafted him that was his weak point. I think you'll see him used on more seam routes this year as well as fades in the end zone and should prove to be a good outlet for Rosen. If anyone out there is good at developing and game planning tight ends it's the Pats. I think he'll be used in a similar manner this year. He was a rookie, give him time.

6ee2432986e39656e5cc492e25db1eec

Mike Gesicki has a chance to develop if the new Miami Dolphins coaching staff designs an offense that allows him to go downfield more.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-sophomores-watch-mike-gesicki-171019478.html
I dunno why Gase was stuck on him being in-line. Just let him do what he was drafted for?

Why complicate things. He should be running fades, nines, and deep post. What's so hard about that.

I dunno why Gase was stuck on him being in-line. Just let him do what he was drafted for?

Why complicate things. He should be running fades, nines, and deep post. What's so hard about that.
I am reluctant to admit that buffoon Gase did anything right, but he probably did MG, and the Fins in general, a good thing by forcing him to get better at blocking, and become more of a "complete player".

That's doesn't mean Gase was designing routes that played to the players strengths though.

On a side note, I see Gase, and the Jests GM are already butting heads.

Gotta laugh.

Any bets on him riding the pine?

I think you're going to be surprised when he has a pretty good season.

Curious as to why you think that.

His issues were not missed assignments or lack of strength, they were things that are unfixable. You cannot make someone more coordinated, agile, or fluid and those are areas he has the biggest problem with. He even look clumsy running the 40 at the combine.

I think people got enamored with those combine results and failed to look at basic movement skills. Great at testing, yet oddly nonathletic, at least concerning football movements.

Tannehill had the same issue, this idea that he was "super athletic" was false. Just watch how he ran and how he moved in the pocket and you can easily why he struggled with pocket movement.

We could but why not develop the guys confidence by doing what he does best and then work in the rest

Certainly, anything that can make any TE better is advantageous, but how many complete TEs are in the NFL. Play him to his strengths.

Back
Top Bottom