Nfl Throwback's "quick Release" - 20 Minutes Of Dan Marino Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Throwback's "quick Release" - 20 Minutes Of Dan Marino Highlights

It is unbelievable to me that we had a a complete moron at DC during the prime years of his career. I don't know what kind of skeletons Shula had in his closet, but that is the only way Olivadotti - the idiot - could possibly be hired as DC. I hold Shula responsible for keeping this moron around for 9yrs. What is ironic is that you would not think a franchise could do it twice in a lifetime and then came Matt Burke.:bang:

Last edited:
It is unbelievable to me that we had a a complete moron at DC during his prime years of his career. I don't know what kind of skeletons Shula had in his closet, but that is the only way Olivadotti - the idiot - could possibly be hired as DC. I hold Shula responsible for keeping this moron around for 9yrs. What is ironic is that you would not think a franchise could do it twice in a lifetime and then came Matt Burke.:bang:

Shula’s only great DC was named Arnsparger... “No name defense & The Killer B’s”....4 Superbowls

It is unbelievable to me that we had a a complete moron at DC during his prime years of his career. I don't know what kind of skeletons Shula had in his closet, but that is the only way Olivadotti - the idiot - could possibly be hired as DC. I hold Shula responsible for keeping this moron around for 9yrs. What is ironic is that you would not think a franchise could do it twice in a lifetime and then came Matt Burke.:bang:

Lol, for about two seconds I thought Olivodatti was actually Aguado from Ace Ventura when I first saw it in the theatres.

upload_2019-6-21_0-30-55.jpeg

upload_2019-6-21_0-29-13.jpeg

He threw guys open all the time. Remember, all those WRs were shrimps at 5’9” (Duper, Clayton, Moore) and did not have big catch Radius’s. Those throws were not normal back then. Not was that footwork.

Painful to watch. How long it's been since we've had a dynamic offense. So many years of having league greats on this team....Dan, Marks brothers, Zach, Jason, Ricky. 20 years of my life we were relevant and nor 20 years of blah.
I pray i can get at least a good 10 years of greatness again in my lifetime.

Shula’s only great DC was named Arnsparger... “No name defense & The Killer B’s”....4 Superbowls
What still baffles me when I think about it is how he had no patience for Chuck Studley - dismissing him after the horrific showing in the SB vs SF. I think he got just one season before being canned. Then Olivadatti basically runs the same defense that Studley did and lasts 10 years. I’ll never understand it.

I could place myself somewhere in each game in the video. Some things were not worth remembering. Some even a bit scary. At least I could count on the Dolphins each weekend. Canes too.

Besides the wildly inconsistent defense (good but never great in 90, 92 and 94, less than good all other years) was the lack of a consistent running game. Lorenzo Hampton, Troy Stradford, Mark Higgs and Bernie Parmalee were all good, but opposing teams knew that we weren’t going to really commit to the run because we had Marino.

What still baffles me when I think about it is how he had no patience for Chuck Studley - dismissing him after the horrific showing in the SB vs SF. I think he got just one season before being canned. Then Olivadatti basically runs the same defense that Studley did and lasts 10 years. I’ll never understand it.

I sure got tired of seeing starting CBs Paul Lankford and William Judson out there year after year for about 5-6 yrs. They got absolutely torched!

Back
Top Bottom