NFL to investigate dolphins tanking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL to investigate dolphins tanking?

haha…that pic is hilarious….I NEVER thought I'd see the day with a Dolphin fan with a bag over their head…my how times have changed...

If the competition committee looks into it, it probably won't be until after the season is over.

The Competition Committee’s actions are based, in part, on feedback from a variety of sources. At the end of each season, the 32 NFL clubs fill out a survey, answering questions about player protection, officiating, competitive balance and technology. Leading up to the National Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, NFL Football Operations meets with coaches, general managers, players and NCAA representatives to gather their input about potential changes to the rules. There is also a review of data on injuries, instant replay and technology.

The committee holds a meeting before the National Combine to prepare agenda items, discuss the feedback it received and review information with league medical advisors, members of the coaches’ and general managers’ subcommittees and NFL Players Association representatives.

haha…that pic is hilarious….I NEVER thought I'd see the day with a Dolphin fan with a bag over their head…my how times have changed...
This photo was taken in 2004

New York Jets v Miami Dolphins : News Photo

Miami Dolphins Fans

Unless you’ve been in a coma this century, you surely know that there have been plenty of times when the Dolphins have been bag-worthy.

And to think I was mocked for questioning whether anything like this might happen when I started a thread about it after game 1. Just wait until mid-season.

A couple thoughts on this

1) This was a perfect storm of crap to start the season. We have over 25% of the roster join within 10 days of week 1 and we played the team we usually suck the most against for some reason and the results showed.

2) even if we did purposely tank, I cant find anything that says it is even against against any rules. If it isnt against the rules how can they punish us?

The noise will quiet down as we become more competitive as the season progresses. Our schedule will loosen up and the team will improve.

Stop. It’s not as if we’re selling players for cash to make the team worse. Each of our trades have been judged as wins in our favor. That’s how you make a team better. That’s not tanking.

Maybe the Texans should be investigated for mortgaging their future. Maybe teams that max out their cap on overpriced free agents should be investigated for following a game plan that’s been proven to fail.

Everyone else needs to mind their business and worry about their own teams.

Back
Top Bottom